When your spouse/partner/significant other drives your TCH...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default When your spouse/partner/significant other drives your TCH...

Do you get antsy about the way your spouse/partner/SO drives your TCH? I find myself watching the display and thinking, "You are ruining my FE.... I can drive down this entire street in EV mode... You are holding the gas pedal down too hard..." I don't think I was ever so critical of his driving the few times he actually agreed to drive my Corolla.

Old 08-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: When your spouse/partner/significant other drives your TCH...

Nope, not antsy at all. I taught her everything she knows about getting good mileage on the TCH.

Funny thing, though, she says the same thing about me!

I CAN say, however, it will be very difficult if we ever decide to let our 17 yr old daughter try it out.

Old 08-20-2006, 02:05 PM
WVGasGuy

Do you get antsy about the way your spouse/partner/SO drives your TCH? I find myself watching the display and thinking, "You are ruining my FE....

I am amazed daily at how many of us are turning out the same. I'm reading about ex-heavy footed drivers and relating to that. This one is funny as well. My wife every once in a while drives when I'm tired and she at first wouldn't drive "right". She's came around lately. Today she and some friends drove to Ohio ( a 500 mile trip) and I'm curious to see how she does. She did this same trip a while back and got 39.9 mpg. If she does that well this time I'll be able to break the 39 barrier on my overall.

I warned her not to mess it up. We'll see.

Old 08-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: When your spouse/partner/significant other drives your TCH...

I was smart. I found a spouse/partner/SO who doesn't know how to drive. Why complicate life?

Old 08-20-2006, 05:48 PM

I have that problem. She seams good when iim in the car but when I get in it after she has driven it alone my FE has suffered.

Old 08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
WVGasGuy

She just got home. Drove 420 miles and got 39.3mpg

Old 08-20-2006, 08:15 PM

I am now the 'other driver' and my wife gives ME the 'careful with my mileage' lecture.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
AKM
Somewhat hard driver

The wife and I are too the point now that we are turning off the consumption screen all together (until we reach our destination)!

Why worry about or change the way you drive for a few dollars of gas? Life is too short. We are happy as can be with the superior mileage that the Camry Hybrid provides.

BTW, We just returned from a long vacation and got 33.7mpg averaging 82mph or more for most of the trip.

Last edited by AKM; 08-21-2006 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AKM
Why worry about or change the way you drive for a few dollars of gas? Life is too short. We are happy as can be with the superior mileage that the Camry Hybrid provides.
Now THERE'S a sensible outlook. My wife and I both enjoy the "game" of trying to get higher mileage and beating each other in the number of EXCELLENTs we get so far, BUT I sure hope we don't get to the point that we become neurotic trying to squeeze out that last 0.1 mpg. Drive it sensibly and enjoy the extra 10-15 mpg you'll get without fretting about it!

Old 08-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Enthusiast

My girlfriend Kate is very understanding; she didn't want to touch the drivers seat since we bought the car; it's been 3 weeks...

Quick Reply: When your spouse/partner/significant other drives your TCH...

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands