When presented with both, I went for the Prius.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: When presented with both, I went for the Prius.

I think the Prius is a great, practical little car. I test drove both and got the TCH because I've lived a lifetime full of practical little cars. I keep cars forever; this could well be the last car I own - really.

I can never argue that I made the more practical, economical choice in the TCH. I'd just reached an age at which a smooth, heavier cruising car seemed right for me, and I haven't regretted that choice at all.

However, my in-city mileage suffers more than expected because of all the women surrounding my car at stop lights. I don't want anyone to maybe trip and get seriously hurt when I start up.

Well, not really. In fact, people don't seem to notice my TCH much. That's fine with me.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Pragmatist

Originally Posted by Intrus
That pretty funny. Ironically, I bought a Camry BECAUSE I got laid... I was not able to fit a rear-facing child seat in the back of my old car.
There are some advantages to being gay.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
Did you want the Miata Forum?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wanted the Prius because we have a narrow driveway and it is narrow and has a back up camera BUT
when I was pricing it out, I saw that the car didn't do as well on crash tests as the Camry and I ultimately couldn't bring myself to get a car that put passengers in harms way if I could avoid it

Yk?

I don't like the bulkiness of the TCH and I still can't figure out where the front of the car is parking it even after a year of driving it but it is comfy and I manage the narrow driveway (sucking in my gut as I enter and exit the car).

Old 08-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

"I still can't figure out where the front of the car is parking it even after a year of driving"
Yes, that IS one of the oddities of the TCH. After a year and 17000 miles I'm still learning how to position the car in a parking space. I feel I'm about to hit something with the front end when I still have two more feet of room to move up. Squaring it up between paint stripes is iffy, too. I'm getting better at it, bit by bit.

However, while moving on all roads, I have a perfectly good sense of my lane position and where other vehicles are, etc. I think visibility while rolling is fine - mirrors and a shoulder check are always enough for turns and lane changing; never a blind spot as long as I take a quick look to confirm.

"There are some advantages to being gay."

AND to being hetero with no kids. According to my calculations, one kid over a period of 18 years costs more than any Lexus, and you can't sell kids or trade 'em in. ;-).

Old 08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I wanted the Prius because we have a narrow driveway and it is narrow and has a back up camera BUT
when I was pricing it out, I saw that the car didn't do as well on crash tests as the Camry and I ultimately couldn't bring myself to get a car that put passengers in harms way if I could avoid it

Yk?

I don't like the bulkiness of the TCH and I still can't figure out where the front of the car is parking it even after a year of driving it but it is comfy and I manage the narrow driveway (sucking in my gut as I enter and exit the car).
You might want to look here. My BMW 5 series has the same issues but I have parking sensors. I'm seriously considering adding these.
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post111827

Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
The front of the car is where the scratches from hitting the wall of the house are.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast

SteveHansen: There are some advantages to being gay.

roseng: Did you want the Miata Forum?

LMAO

Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by daveosborne
According to my calculations, one kid over a period of 18 years costs more than any Lexus, and you can't sell kids or trade 'em in. ;-).

Shhhhh! My daughter doesn't know that! I want to use that as a threat as long as I can.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveHansen
I guess I missed humor in this (although I LOL at the Miata comment.)

So gays/lesbians should have not kids? Kids are bad thing?

Quick Reply: When presented with both, I went for the Prius.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands