What are your thoughts while driving your Camry

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 AM
joe540ci
Default What are your thoughts while driving your Camry

I have started feeling my other car and trucks are obslite,especially while brakeing and when the MPG meeter on the camry is at 40.Then I started to think that all non-hybrids are old fashioned and just waste brakes and feul Everytime they stop or slow down. My Tundra has a MPG calculator and it drops every time i get stoped at a light-I hate it.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: What are your thoughts while driving your Camry

I love the quietness of the Hybrid, the Smart Key setup, and the smoothness of the eCVT transmission. The Smart Key setup, and the quietness and smoothness, however supplied, will be mandatory for my next vehicle.

Old 11-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think how comfortable my seat is (I like the way it supports my lower back) and how I kind of miss driving my Sienna minivan which was up high and very fun to drive (it handled well).

Mostly, I got the TCH because its a hybrid, it fits all five members of my family and the safety ratings on it were better than the Prius.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

The quietness and smoothness, even when the ICE is running.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think: "Am I actually driving more miles and despite hybrid MPG, consuming more gas than I would have in a car I didn't enjoy hanging out in so much?"

Old 11-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

Originally Posted by wdmark
I think: "Am I actually driving more miles and despite hybrid MPG, consuming more gas than I would have in a car I didn't enjoy hanging out in so much?"
Not me. I've already recorded my lowest mileage total in a year, with 14 days left to go in my 1st year of Hybrid ownership. I rolled up 10,803 miles today. It helps that I can work from home a couple of days a week.

Almost 30 years ago as a young buck living and working in the same relative locations, I'd be at 25,000 plus, burning the roads up!

Old 11-10-2007, 09:01 PM
Enthusiast

I enjoy how freaky quite the car is compared to others its same curb weight.
I love going 600 to 650 miles before filling the tank up.
Its great having my iPhone automatically pair with the car's hands free system.
I have to admit though, the first time I heard the navigation system I thought, "Oh great. That's all I need. Another woman telling where to go."

Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jay_man2
Not me. I've already recorded my lowest mileage total in a year, with 14 days left to go in my 1st year of Hybrid ownership. I rolled up 10,803 miles today. It helps that I can work from home a couple of days a week.

Almost 30 years ago as a young buck living and working in the same relative locations, I'd be at 25,000 plus, burning the roads up!
I had my tongue in my cheek...I love the car for the things others have cited...quiet, good sound system when I want noise, Blue Tooth, Moon Roof. Though I'm usually a mature driver, I take pleasure when I can safely shock a nearby likely hybrid skeptic, with a quick jump off the line. Especially fun with someone whose tailgated me to a red light.

My 1st Hybrid Birthday was yesterday and I'm approaching somewhere around 11.5K miles. Hard to compare past history as I've been in Florida for 2 years and that alone has increased my driving....just to leave the neighborhood. BTW my last car was a 93 Camry V6 XLE and it took me 14 years to reach 135K and 25 of that was put on in the last 18 months or so of its life.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 PM
joe540ci

I also think how usefull a aerodynamic , high MPG camry wagon would work out for all my misc uses. ie more golf clubs and long stuff from home depot. maybe even sleep in it on long trips...all this and 10 more mpg than my highlander hy got.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Enthusiast

like some others have said it makes the brakes on all other cars seem like a total waste. Driving a hybrid helps you in all cars, now when I drive my Grand Prix I do a lot more "tricks" to help conserve kinetic energy. All the readouts in the camry really let you know what's going on and how moving the car a certain way effects mileage/efficiency.

Also, I LOVE the quietness in EV mode. So many people get freaked out by this as few have ever owned or been around a hybrid.

Also love the Toyota quality, and the fact that it works great in the winter too. And the small 4 cylinder motor heats up real fast for heat inside the car compared to my Grand Prix.

Quick Reply: What are your thoughts while driving your Camry

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands