Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What Production # are you?

#5556, Blue with Nav, New Jersey, delivered 6/30/06, built May 06

Old 07-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree with WV - but thanks for completing your info...

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
Being an IT worker

Droid Dude, How could a professional techie be satisfied without a NAV system and all the neat screens????

Old 07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Being an IT worker

Droid Dude, How could a professional techie be satisfied without a NAV system and all the neat screens????
It does pain me with envy to see all the nifty screen shots people have posted. Looking at the XLS file I was actually surprised to see how many people have it, but seeing how dirt cheap the prices are in the US, I understand.

Unfortunately Toyota Canada is not nearly as nice about providing reasonably priced option pkgs. From looking at the US web site after entering a random zip, I see 4 pkgs. Here the base TCH is equivalent to a US TCH with option "A" pkg but ours is about $2500US more. Our loaded model is pretty much the same as the US "C" pkg but that adds an additional $500US more on top. Now I see the "D" pkg which adds the NAV adds about $1200US. I think here the nav system would probably cost double that or more.

Alas, what I had to pay to get a base TCH here, would have almost paid for a fully loaded TCH with nav in the US. I just could not justify the added expense. It would likely have been very tough to get the nav without getting the fully loaded model too so I would probably have had to pony up an additional $5K to $6K USD to get a TCH with NAV... I'll have to stick with my ho-hum MFD and Megellan portable nav unit.

So if you see a gray TCH with Ontario plates this winter (as I often drive thru WV going to/from West Palm Beach) you might have a little pity (but not too much, it still is a nice car). PS WV is usually one of my favourite parts of the trip, love the scenery...

Old 07-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Too Smug

Originally Posted by hamm3r
RONR pointed out the the last digits of your VIN # tell you what # your car was produced.

I am # 1878 (Purchased 5/22/06). Being that RONR is #369, I feel young
#4179. Purchased 6/10/06. Ordered 2/28/06

Old 07-31-2006, 05:05 PM
WVGasGuy

but seeing how dirt cheap the prices are in the US

You may have seen this in a previous post but my TCH has a MSRP of 30,589. I got a $589 discount, am getting a $2600 Federal Tax Credit and a West Virginia Tax Credit of $3750 (over three years). I find it incredible that I''ll only have a little less than $24,000 US in this. The 38.6mpg is just icing on the cake.

I saw my third TCH today at the Go-Mart. It was a red one with Flordia tags.

Old 07-31-2006, 05:43 PM
HSD Organic Interface

but seeing how dirt cheap the prices are in the US

You may have seen this in a previous post but my TCH has a MSRP of 30,589. I got a $589 discount, am getting a $2600 Federal Tax Credit and a West Virginia Tax Credit of $3750 (over three years). I find it incredible that I''ll only have a little less than $24,000 US in this. The 38.6mpg is just icing on the cake.

I saw my third TCH today at the Go-Mart. It was a red one with Flordia tags.
Awesome indeed. We only get a measily $2000CAD tax credit, but at least they are keeping it in place until 2012. Ironically, the reason cars in Canada are more expensive is because the price of oil is so high. Since Canada is a net oil exporter (in fact, somewhat of a little known fact, Canada supplies more oil to the US than any other country), The C$ shot up quite a bit because of it. Used to be in the late 90s the otherway around... Now, you'd think with a higher value $$ buying cars from Japan would be cheaper... Nope..

Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm in Northern VA. Barcelona Red TCH w/sunroof and mirror package. Delievered originally to a dealer in Lynchburg VA, then swapped for another TCH at Fitzgerald Toyota in Gaithersburg MD. Delievered 6/26/06. Build date is May 2006.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Enthusiast

I am prod.# 010587. Picked up my TCH on 7/13.

Today, I have 1000 miles on it, and one rock chip in the hood....

I LOVE my TCH!!!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Mine is 009639.
First week of July delivery in the mid-west.
Desert Sand Mica.
With Nav.
J

Last edited by schmidtj; 08-02-2006 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
WVGasGuy

I'm looking for the spreadsheet to make a correction. My TCH is actually number 549, not 579 (I was working from memory, close but not very accurate). Also it was made March 2006 and delivered to dealer and picked up by me on May 5th

Quick Reply: What Production # are you?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands