What Production # are you?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What Production # are you?

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
The toyota service person who fixed my CD player (jamed up the first day i had it-my daughter put some crappy discs in) said if it happens again to pull the fuse or disconect the battery and then the cd player will re-boot,and start working again. #012888
T
he unit is being replaced under warranty. Since I seldom use the CD player (normally only when I go on a lengthy road trip where I "read" a book through Books on Tape/CD or get into an area without "my type" of FM stations) , loss of CD playing for about 2 - 3 weeks is not really upsetting me.

I understand what you said about "rebooting" the system by removing power to the system. Since the "ace" techs here looked at the system and declared that the entire unit needed to be replaced, I'll let Toyota worry about it. I'm concerned that since the changer is presently hung-up, there may be internal damage that may not rear its ugly head in the future (after warranty period).

[size=1]
Originally Posted by ORCRONE[/size
]Pulling the fuse is not sufficient? You have to also disconnect the battery? Seems to me that pulling the fuse would kill the power to the CD player making step 2 superfluous. And if you have to disconnect the battery what's the sense in pulling the fuse first?

Not to put words in
Joe's mouth, but I believe it was suggested to either pull the fuse OR disconnect the battery, not that both would be needed.

Thank both of you for your input and I'll try to remember it if I have the problem in the future. I may even start a new thread/area concerning my experience with dealer and the subsequent support I've gotten.

Guess I'll back out and let the topic get back on track.

Sorry for "hijacking" your area.

Old 10-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

I guess it's my turn... Per the spreadsheet's column headings (post #125):

HybridFan -- #018017 -- Built Jul-06 -- Delivered 01-Sep-06 -- Desert Sand Mica -- No NAV -- Houston TX -- only 'problem' so far is a squeaky console (knock on wood).

Last edited by HybridFan; 12-13-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MickeysPal
My TCH, RedMm, bisque leather, Nav, sunroof, remote start w/security, comfort & conv. pkg, back-up alarm, tinted windows, body side molding, mats, splash guards, bumper applique, kitchen sink, etc. is scheduled to be delivered from KY on 11/2.

The last 6 digits of the VIN I have been given are: 43K307.

If the last 5 digits of the JPN VIN indicates the production #, I wonder what happens after KY reaches 999???
If I am not mistaken and assuming that Japan uses only numerical [0-9] character for production #, then the max number of TCHs prod. builds from Japan would be only 1,000,000, where as in KY, USA using english alphanumerical character combination the max TCHs prod. number would be over 2 billion TCHs and to be exact 2,176,782,336 ... and that is a heck of a lot of TCHs.

As an FYI, the next TCH after 999???=999999 will be AAAAAA and it will the 1,000,001 produced TCH in KY, USA given the first prod. number for a TCH is 000000... ok, enough with Combinatorial Mathematics...

Old 10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Has anybody received a Kentucky built TCH yet?

According to news reports the first TCH' s. rolled off the assembly line in Kentucky on October 12, they produced 17 the first day.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:44 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by agnosto
If I am not mistaken and assuming that Japan uses only numerical [0-9] character for production #, then the max number of TCHs prod. builds from Japan would be only 1,000,000, where as in KY, USA using english alphanumerical character combination the max TCHs prod. number would be over 2 billion TCHs and to be exact 2,176,782,336 ... and that is a heck of a lot of TCHs.

As an FYI, the next TCH after 999???=999999 will be AAAAAA and it will the 1,000,001 produced TCH in KY, USA given the first prod. number for a TCH is 000000... ok, enough with Combinatorial Mathematics...
Anyone want to wager that that "K" is merely the month the car was manufactured?
A=January
B=February
M=December
The skip "I" because it can be confused with a "1".

Old 10-26-2006, 04:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Anyone want to wager that that "K" is merely the month the car was manufactured?
A=January
B=February
M=December
They skip "I" because it can be confused with a "1".
Sounds like a reasonable theory, but I don't think that's the rationale behind KY's VIN assignment scheme.

My TCH is scheduled to arrive at the dealer on 11/2. The VIN ends with 43K307. This is consistent with your theory regarding the month of manufacture (e.g., "K" = October).

But.. according to the Southeast Toyota (SET) website, my dealer will be receiving another RedMN TCH on 12/2 and the VIN will end with 47F864.

Old 10-26-2006, 05:42 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Well, that shoots my theory to hell.
Thanks.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

26363, Japan, Ordered 7-28-06, picked up, 10-25-06, (last night, yeah). Barcelona Red, FE, CQ, LA, NV, SR, BM
Tried to get info from the dealer about how many more were going to be made in Japan, he said all, and I said, no, they are making them in Kentucky now too. The salesman said oil was 5,30. NO, look in the manual-hope the service department is more informed.
Anyway, have learned so much form this forum. Unfortunately, it is my husband's car (Rich) and I haven't even got to ride in it since I had to drive the other car home (they only offered us $200 in trade in). He had to drive home in the same rain that canceled the World Series game. Laurie

Old 10-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogzen
(they only offered us $200 in trade in)
And you didn't take it???

Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Figured for $200 we could give it to one of Rich's students or a charity and feel better about the whole thing. What was funny was that they grilled us about the options on it, whether it needed any work, etc. What a waste of time. Might just keep it and use it to transport homeless dogs (I belong to American Brittany Rescue-they find new homes for dogs and then transport them all over the country) so I don't have to put a bunch of dogs in the the Camry.

Quick Reply: What Production # are you?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands