What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Originally Posted by ManchesterUnited
And this has been mentioned numerous times, but what about your passenger accessing the NAV and phone? The computer knows when a full-size person is in the seat anyway so maybe it's THEIR cell phone that is connected to the car and not yours. Can't they play with the NAV and not cause a wreck?
I've wondered that, too. They already have those sensors for the airbag, so why not tie that in to the NAV/phone lockout? Of course, then you'd have people putting cinderblocks in the passenger seat so they can use the NAV and killing themselves, but I think Toyota's backside is covered...

Oh, and the TCH is my first car in over 20 years to not be a stick shift (I swore I'd never drive another automatic, which is still true), and the first one ever without a tachometer. For the first few weeks it was like I forgot to wear a watch. At least I haven't tried to use the parking brake as a clutch yet.

Ryan

Old 09-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rspaight
Oh, and the TCH is my first car in over 20 years to not be a stick shift (I swore I'd never drive another automatic, which is still true), and the first one ever without a tachometer. For the first few weeks it was like I forgot to wear a watch. At least I haven't tried to use the parking brake as a clutch yet.

Ryan
40+ years with a stick, and I haven't either. However, several times I've popped open the hood when going to release the parking brake. I won't consider that as "driving me nuts" because it's just an operator error.

Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Same with me - driving since 1966, and my TCH is my first vehicle without a stick and without a hand operated parking brake. I thought I'd miss my clutch and zoom zoom shifting, but after six months and 6000 miles, I'd very much miss my cvt and foot brake. I've even given my soul to the "auto" setting with the climate control.

What drives me nuts is the monthly payment on the car loan! I've been free of car payments for 15 years!

Last edited by daveosborne; 09-28-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: improved grammar
Old 09-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by daveosborne
...What drives me nuts is the monthly payment on the car loan! I've been free of car payments for 15 years!
You didn't pay cash?
Hmmmm.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:18 PM
Enthusiast

have had my TCH since June and have done several mods but the ONE thing that bothers me so far is the side mirrors don`t fold in.

Last edited by jhobo4; 09-29-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:34 AM
Enthusiast deluxe

What one thing drives me nuts about the TCH?
That I can't afford to have one in every color!
Other than that? Not much!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Enthusiast

The NAV system and Bluetooth phone connection always don't play nicely together.

1.If you have a phone call coming in when you are at a critical navigation juncture you can miss your turn instruction. Probably the NAV operating system cannot multitask to enable this.

2. There should be a way to turn off the voice prompt information if you don't want or need it. It took about 10 seconds to get to the point to say your "dial by number", number. I would prefer simply to say:
a. Me:"Dial by Number"
b. Computer: "Enter" instead off "Please say your number after the display update or just press off hook after the display has updated" or something like that.

Am I being too picky?

Old 10-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gr8Squid
The NAV system and Bluetooth phone connection always don't play nicely together.

1.If you have a phone call coming in when you are at a critical navigation juncture you can miss your turn instruction. Probably the NAV operating system cannot multitask to enable this.

2. There should be a way to turn off the voice prompt information if you don't want or need it. It took about 10 seconds to get to the point to say your "dial by number", number. I would prefer simply to say:
a. Me:"Dial by Number"
b. Computer: "Enter" instead off "Please say your number after the display update or just press off hook after the display has updated" or something like that.

Am I being too picky?
You can turn off voice recognition guide in the Menu --> Setup

Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

I was hoping someone would enlighten me about that. I guess i was expecting a "Turn off voice prompt help" option.

I'll try it tonight...Thanks

Old 10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

np

voice recognition guidance actually, not guide

Quick Reply: What ONE thing really drives you nuts about the TCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands