Are we getting bored with our cars???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:29 PM
Newbie and lovin' it!
Arrow Are we getting bored with our cars???

I posted this once, it did not appear to take, so sorry if it shows up twice.

I have noticed that the numbers of new threads and posts in existing threads seems to be declining. Are we running out of things to talk about in regards to the TCH? I hope not...

Old 04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Are we getting bored with our cars???

We need to start modding now that it's getting warmer - I know I am!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:10 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by wxman3

I have noticed that the numbers of new threads and posts in existing threads seems to be declining. Are we running out of things to talk about in regards to the TCH? I hope not...
I've been hanging around this forum since last May back when there were only 2 or 3 pages of posts. Those were exciting times when everyone was a brand new owner and, with no real history, everyone was making discoveries left, right, and center. Fortunately, they were mostly good discoveries and I've read about only 2 or 3 serious HSD failures and a few of the unavoidable bumper crunchers. I think this forum is past puberty now where most of the discussions revolving around questions from the steady influx of new owners.

All us 2007 owners basically await the dreaded forum middle age, where all the new guys start talking about the cool things on their 2008 and 2009 TCH's that we wish we had. Also cross our fingers and await word on how long the brakes last for most people, hope the HSD failure rates remain low, and with mixed dread and curiousity, hear from someone how well the car withstood a serious accident.

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Malcontent

I'm still enjoying and playing with the higher FE that came with warmer temperatures, the addition of the block heater, and switching back from snow tires.

I started switching the interior lights to LEDs which are brighter, whiter, and generate less heat.

I still have to much to do including installing 3M film on the hood and bumper and the biggest project of all, installing Lexus SC430 HID projectors.

Old 04-03-2007, 07:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Lightbulb Re: Are we getting bored with our cars???

I am not bored, but I am tired of waiting for my first trip to the gas station to fill up. I have nothing for my mileage log.

I am a little disappointed in the fit and finish of the car. I have a "loaner" Audi A4 (MSRP $33K) and it is finished much better--no visible weld spots in the trunk area and gas struts for assist. The leather on the wheel is much softer, and the seat heaters have six settings as opposed to one....

Old 04-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ormond
I am not bored, but I am tired of waiting for my first trip to the gas station to fill up. I have nothing for my mileage log.

I am a little disappointed in the fit and finish of the car. I have a "loaner" Audi A4 (MSRP $33K) and it is finished much better--no visible weld spots in the trunk area and gas struts for assist. The leather on the wheel is much softer, and the seat heaters have six settings as opposed to one....

All good points. And I'm sure the Audi handles great, too. But try to remember those not-unusual $1000+ repairs that go with owning an Audi, as well as, of course, the 22 MPG around town. And do the cup holders finally hold bigger than 12 oz cans?

Old 04-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Dazed and Confused

Originally Posted by bmgoodman
All good points. And I'm sure the Audi handles great, too. But try to remember those not-unusual $1000+ repairs that go with owning an Audi, as well as, of course, the 22 MPG around town. And do the cup holders finally hold bigger than 12 oz cans?
As a former Audi owner, man do those comments sound way to familiar.

Seemed like if something broke it was over $1000 to fix it.

Mine did get 25+ MPG around town and 30+ MPH highway though. But it was on premium fuel.

Now I get 35+ MPG either highway or city on regular unleaded, and so far no issues at 18,000 miles.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

The Camry does have more storage and nicer cupholders. My Audi is under warranty and is in for its 5,000 mile service. They do require premium. My S8 averages 14 mpg. In a different way, I get just as much pleasure from driving the TCH.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wxman3

There are only so many "new" things to talk about. People who are just buying their TCH can now read 1 year worth of posts about how to improve their FE, force the car into EV mode, etc.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Are we getting bored with our cars???

Originally Posted by Droid13
I've been hanging around this forum since last May back when there were only 2 or 3 pages of posts. Those were exciting times when everyone was a brand new owner and, with no real history, everyone was making discoveries left, right, and center. Fortunately, they were mostly good discoveries and I've read about only 2 or 3 serious HSD failures and a few of the unavoidable bumper crunchers. I think this forum is past puberty now where most of the discussions revolving around questions from the steady influx of new owners.

All us 2007 owners basically await the dreaded forum middle age, where all the new guys start talking about the cool things on their 2008 and 2009 TCH's that we wish we had. Also cross our fingers and await word on how long the brakes last for most people, hope the HSD failure rates remain low, and with mixed dread and curiousity, hear from someone how well the car withstood a serious accident.
What's this HSD failure you speak of?

Quick Reply: Are we getting bored with our cars???

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands