Wait List At 2 Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 04:54 AM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: Wait List At 2 Dealers?

Is it the fact that u guys want a specific color and accesory package that is causing the delay...or is it that I got really lucky??????

BOTH

Old 08-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I wanted Silver or Gray with Nav and Leather, and it was almost impossible to get, the NAV is the thing making it rare and there is a waiting list.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
I wanted Silver or Gray with Nav and Leather, and it was almost impossible to get, the NAV is the thing making it rare and there is a waiting list.
My dealer told me the exact opposite. He said 90% of the TCH's coming off the line have NAV, because people want the cool display for all the ECO stuff. He said the hard TCH's to come by are the base model, which is what I wanted.

Anyone in central/northern CA looking for a TCH should contact Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose. They get allocated 10 units every 2 weeks (almost all of them with leather and NAV), simply due to their volume. But they are pre-selling their allocations 2 weeks out, so you are really looking at 4 weeks to get a unit.

Old 08-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
My dealer told me the exact opposite. He said 90% of the TCH's coming off the line have NAV, because people want the cool display for all the ECO stuff. He said the hard TCH's to come by are the base model, which is what I wanted.

Anyone in central/northern CA looking for a TCH should contact Stevens Creek Toyota in San Jose. They get allocated 10 units every 2 weeks (almost all of them with leather and NAV), simply due to their volume. But they are pre-selling their allocations 2 weeks out, so you are really looking at 4 weeks to get a unit.
I think your dealer is handing you a line, because while I was waiting for my TCH to show up I spent A LOT of time surfing the inventories of every dealership in the northeastern US and I saw an awful lot more base models than fully loaded models. Of course, that could be a regional thing...

Old 08-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot

When I was buying this is what I found out:
- The sales manager at Toyota Sunnyvale said they mostly get fully loaded models too. I believe their allocation is similar to Stevens Creek.
- Fremont Toyota they said they had no waitlist for base models and there were even a few on the lot. I think their allocation is bigger than Steven Creek and Sunnyvale.
- Longo Toyota (in Southern California), which has the biggest allocation in CA, the only extra ones they had were base models.

Last edited by hybrid_dsl; 08-18-2006 at 11:28 AM.