Wait List At 2 Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Enthusiast
Default Wait List At 2 Dealers?

I've been folowing this forum for a couple of weeks now and have decided that I can't live without a TCH.

I'm looking at a fully loaded version, leather, Nav, moon roof, convenience package. One local dealer said I could not order a specific car but would be on a wait list for 3-4 months before something 'close' might come in. He quoted me MSRP and I made a $500 deposit (refundable).

I went to another, larger dealer tonight and he said he would order exactly what I wanted and could have it in 2-3 months. His MSRP is almost $700 more than the first dealer's. I will point this out him.

My question is should I put another $500 deposit with the second dealer? Is this what it takes to get a TCH?

Old 08-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wait List At 2 Dealers?

At this point this will probably mean that you won't qualify for the full $2,600 tax credit. Also, if you are a Costco member you can get a 'discount' which usually means about $100 below MSRP. Even though my local dealer isn't the blessed Costco dealer (would have to drive 90 miles) they honored that! They had originally told me that they don't 'deal' but I felt good that I at least saved a 90 mile (one way) trip and got the same price.

I had concidered getting the fully loaded package, but discovered that the head room is almost an inch less with it and my hubby doesn't have that much extra room to begin with, so I settled for the one that just happened to be from a canceled order! I was really lucky! I don't know how some of you guys and gals have managed to hang in there for months, particularly with the 9/30 deadline only 6 weeks away!

My dealer did say that if I did order and didn't get it by the end of Sept I could cancel if I wanted to.

barb

Old 08-17-2006, 04:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I called 6 dealers when I was shopping and all basically said 2-3 months and not promises of even that, they have lists of people for NAV loaded units. I decided to go with Port (distributor) leather and skip the NAV for now and make sur ei get my $2600 tax credit. As for th ecostco discount, any dealer that participated almost laughed, none would budge off MSRP, they all know they can sell these cars as they are in high demand.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

TCH's in California are in hot demand. They are either all pre-sold, or they get sold off a lot within 24hrs of arrival. I once saw a car at 5pm, but was unsure about the color, and when I called back at 8am the next day, the car was already sold! I was quoted at least a 1-month wait to get a car ordered, but then they had a pre-order cancellation two weeks ago with the options that I wanted (which meant no options!), so I am very lucky to get my car before the tax credit deadline.

Last edited by flopshot; 08-17-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:53 PM
Enthusiast

I was also quoted between 3 weeks and 4 months to wait for the car.
Only one dealer had a demonstration vehicle available. There were three people waiting to test drive it when I returned.

I called all the dealers in my area and found one that had a fully loaded Red hybrid in stock. I had to drive 50 miles to get it, but it was worth it!

Be persistent and keep calling different dealers. You might be lucky.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

The dealer with the higher price discovered he had included XM and is now about $50 higher than MSRP.

Is the strategy to put deposits at a couple of dealers and keep calling all area dealers every couple of weeks?

Old 08-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had deposits at three dealers and two of them since late April. Finally got exactly what we wanted from a dealer way out of state only because I diligently searched inventories of every dealer in several states. Waited two and half months. The drive will be worth it if you are able to locate one this soon before the tax break is cut in half.

If you don't mind the drive, it looks like there may be one available where I bought mine. Not sure of the color. It has package #2 (carpeted mats, heated mirrors and sunroof). There have been quite a few loaded ones there as well in the past month. Toyota on Western in Chicago (Robert McMurtry). They will pick you up at the airport if you fly in. Nice people to deal with. No tricks and they sell at MSRP. They are a smallish dealer but have received quite a few hybrids. I thought I was the farthest to pick up a hybrid but they had somebody come in from California to buy one.

Last edited by gandyfire; 08-17-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I drove 2 hours to get mine. Drove it, loved it, bought it. I wanted sunroof, but I got everything else I wanted, even the color. I have NEVER bought a car so fast.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:56 PM
JMV
Enthusiast

I am just curious...i read of people waiting for mnths to get the TCH. When i dealt with the dealer in Philly he found me my blue TCH within half hr......Is it the fact that u guys want a specific color and accesory package that is causing the delay...or is it that I got really lucky??????

Old 08-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

2007 Toyota Camry HV (Hybrid Vehicle)

Ok, I think I got a good feeling deal, just placed an order ($500 refundable) and here is my OTD $30,500 price (including 3% tax and TTL) for an out of state deal via fitzmall that it will take up to 4 months to get the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Magnetic Gray Metallic/Ash Leather loaded with the following options:

CQ (Convenience Pkg)
SR (Moon Roof)
CF (Carpet Mats and Trunk Mats)
MG3 (Color-keyed Mud Guards)
NV (Navigation System)
LA (Seat Trim Leather Surfaced)
WL (Wheel Locks)

... I hope the transaction in 4 months or so goes as smooth as it was via phone and email to close the deal... can't wait, but patience pays off... always do your homework...

P.S.
Has anyone else got a better deal?

Quick Reply: Wait List At 2 Dealers?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands