Voice Recognition

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:42 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: Voice Recognition

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I gave it a try but could not get my car to arm the photon torpedoes. As we all know firing unarmed torpedoes may scare someone momentarily, but just watch out for their response when they find out they're unarmed.

What's the sense in providing photon torpedoes that can't be armed? As you can well imagine I'm pretty upset about this and plan on sending a scathing letter to Toyota national and regional.
FYI, this was in my Dad's Buick Rainer, so you might want to send the letter to GM. When this happened, I was muttering those things, and my wife was laughing almost uncontrolably, so needless to say, my Dad was not to happy with us at the time. It happened just about the same way with his other Buicks (that have ahd like 5-6 of them in the last 10 years, mostly centurys and now her most recent one is a LaSabre, as my mom drives a lot and he likes to keep her in a car with less than 75,000 miles on it.)

Originally Posted by juicius
I learned early on with the one in the RX 330, which is true with this one, is that it has a hard time with deep male voices. When I try to speak in a higher octave, the "hit rate" improves.
So do I need to get someone to firmly kick my in the, er "region", each time I go to drive the car? Or should I get the vienna boy's choir to sing me some commands?

Old 12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for everybody's input! I decided after reading these comments I had better find out and learn what commands are available before something catastrophic happened! I read on another thread that there is a supplementary command booklet, I did not receive this. So I have just copied all these commands from the only place they seem to be available and that is the navigation help screens. For those that are interested I have attached to copy.

I have no idea what some of the commands such as "send dial tone" are for. I was also surprised to find there is no POI for "Places of Worship" which has always been included in the other navigation systems I have used.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Command List.doc (42.0 KB, 48 views)
Old 12-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

No foreign accent and no deep voice here and I find the voice recognition to be sub-par at best.

Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hamm3r
No foreign accent and no deep voice here and I find the voice recognition to be sub-par at best.
Maybe in an American accent is a foreign accent to a Japanese car...!!

Old 12-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Veracitorian Muser

Originally Posted by hamm3r
No foreign accent...
This coming from a guy from Nyou Joisee?

Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

'ey! you betta watch it!