VAISTech SoundlinQ SLI Install Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default VAISTech SoundlinQ SLI Install Trouble

Greetings,

I just took delivery of a black Camry Hybrid (with Nav system) yesterday and of course had to immediately take the interior apart to install my SLI. The problem is, it does not function.

MD Mode - Not seen by head unit. This is not surprising as it is not listed in the application guide, but that's what it was set to when I took it out of my '05 Prius.

CD/MP3 - Not seen by head unit.

CD - This is where it gets crazy. Prior to putting a disk in the CD slot, the head unit refused to see the iPod. After I installed a disk, the disk wouldn't play but the iPod was, with no volume. When I turned the stereo up all the way I could just here the iPod track faintly.

The programming cycle did work properly, and each mode is repeatable with the above symptoms.

Hardware Details:

iPod Mini - Version 1.4.1
SoundLinQ SLI - SL-000-01113

Has anyone had anything like this happen?

I put a modified version of this post on the forum at VAISTech. I am hoping for an answer early next week.

Last edited by Bigsk8r; 12-23-2006 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Add Signature