Trunk stuffer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Trunk stuffer

Does anybody have any concerns about stuffing the TCH trunk to capacity? I assume the battery pack, with the big vent behind the back seat, is fully self contained (including cooling,) so I'm free to cram stuff up against the battery without worring about overheating.

Thoughts, concerns or comments?

Thanks.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Trunk stuffer

I wouldn't worry about it. The vent isn't in the trunk, so you can't block it.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by spiff72
I wouldn't worry about it. The vent isn't in the trunk, so you can't block it.
Exactly what I was thinking. As we're getting ready for a trip, we're gonna be stuffing every last nook and cranny. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freeze
Exactly what I was thinking. As we're getting ready for a trip, we're gonna be stuffing every last nook and cranny. Thanks for the feedback.
I have jumper cables that I keep in the trunk - they are in a bag that is about 4" thick, and about 18" in diameter. It fits nicely in the upper area on the right (the pass through from the back seat), but it refuses to stay in place. I need to find a way to make it stay up there (other than never accelerating quickly)!

Edit: Maybe I will just put them in my wife's car since there seem to be a lot of concerns about using jumper cables with the HSD in this car anyway!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have jumper cables that I keep in the trunk - they are in a bag that is about 4" thick, and about 18" in diameter. It fits nicely in the upper area on the right (the pass through from the back seat), but it refuses to stay in place. I need to find a way to make it stay up there (other than never accelerating quickly)!

Edit: Maybe I will just put them in my wife's car since there seem to be a lot of concerns about using jumper cables with the HSD in this car anyway!
I have used my TCH to jump my 1993 toyota T100 pickup about 3 or 4 times now with no trouble. The battery in the trunk actually makes it very convenient. I had asked about jumping other vehicles at the time I bought my TCH, because this was a concern for me. They said no problem.

Perhaps your concern is jumping the TCH with another vehicle.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:25 PM

Well I was asking someone at work with a Prius about her experiences and mentioned some concerns about jumping or being jumped (at least wth the TCH, as per some thread here), and she said she'd used her Prius to jump a number of cars before and been jumped more than once herself. Based on that I have a hard time imagining the Camry is less viable for either end of the jumpstart than the Prius, wouldn't you think...?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Enthusiast

I just got back from a 13 day road trip with a friend (Chicago, Bonnaroo, Memphis, Chicago, and home, with numerous detours to explore the South, which was AWESOME, by the way), and we had the trunk competely crammed, including pillows stuffed up into that little cranny - zero problems. As others have said, the vent is in the car, so no worries.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM

Attach the stiff side of Velcro adhesive pads to the bag and I bet it'll stick to the fuzz on the passthru just enough to hold it in place. I also agree with chestr that if one follows the instructions implicitly, and makes sure the jumper cables are of decent quality (many are absolute crap), I would think the TCH will do just fine for jumping. It's just kinda weird (but probably very convenient) that jumping happens from the trunk.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by JTode
I just got back from a 13 day road trip with a friend (Chicago, Bonnaroo, Memphis, Chicago, and home, with numerous detours to explore the South, which was AWESOME, by the way), and we had the trunk competely crammed, including pillows stuffed up into that little cranny - zero problems. As others have said, the vent is in the car, so no worries.
Pillows and life jackets (kid size, water ski type) are exactly what I was going to stuff into that pass-thru. Life jackets will be in a giant zip-lock just in case they are not absolutly dry.

Thanks for the feedback. Where the heck is Bonnaroo?

Old 07-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Freeze
Where the heck is Bonnaroo?
Bonnaroo is a 4 day music/arts festival that takes place every year in Manchester, TN on a large farm. And this festival attracts a lot of big name musicians/groups as well as up and comers. The term Bonnaroo, which is cajun slang for a really good time, was made famous by New Orleans musician, Dr. John, some time in the 70's.

Quick Reply: Trunk stuffer

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands