troubles!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: troubles!!!!!!

Time to find a better dealer. I do a lot of dealer marketing for a variety of dealers and brands, and one of the things that I try to make all of them aware of is "customers have a choice". They don't have to come to your dealership just because you're their "local dealer". The myth that dealers you didn't buy from won't treat you as well is just that, a myth. Most dealers spend extra $ to get service customers from their competition, partially for increased cash flow (warranty work adds to cash flow), but also to try to gain you as a customer on your next purchase. I know that it doesn't work that way everywhere, but if you do a little research in your market, I'm sure you'll find a dealer who has a good reputation. JMHO.

Robb

Old 01-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

"The myth that dealers..."

Myth..?? No, FACT...!!

Even the Lexus dealer, service manager at Lexus of Bellevue, told me that since I didn't have my vehicle serviced there they wouldn't look into, inspect, my RX300 for a potential warranty problem unless I agreed beforehand to pay for the time.

I'm pretty sure he was also well aware that I had no only purchased my RX300 at his dealership but multiple vehicles at that dealership.

I have always done my own routine maintenance serving so as a result I have encountered the same "reception" at Ford and Chrysler, and yes, even Porsche.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wwest
"The myth that dealers..."

Myth..?? No, FACT...!!

Even the Lexus dealer, service manager at Lexus of Bellevue, told me that since I didn't have my vehicle serviced there they wouldn't look into, inspect, my RX300 for a potential warranty problem unless I agreed beforehand to pay for the time.

I'm pretty sure he was also well aware that I had no only purchased my RX300 at his dealership but multiple vehicles at that dealership.

I have always done my own routine maintenance serving so as a result I have encountered the same "reception" at Ford and Chrysler, and yes, even Porsche.

That sort of behavior warrants a call to:

1. The dealer's principal.
  2. The manufacturer's customer warranty dispute line.
  3. The Better Business Bureau
  4. The state consumer protection office
  5. Local radio and TV 'consumer help' lines.
Name names, dates, specific conversation content. Cause as much stink as needed to make that sort of policy go away.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Enthusiast

This is why I fix my dash rattle by turning up the radio. I think there's a risk of too many problems if I have the dealer tear out my whole dashboard. Fortunately my rattle tends to act up mostly in winter during the early part of the drive. The rest of the year and when it's warmed up it stays quiet.