trading in my 2k5 camry for the 2k7 hybrid.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: trading in my 2k5 camry for the 2k7 hybrid.....

The Blue Ribbon Metallic TCH fully loaded (leather seats, convenience package, powered moonroof and nav) was apparently at the dealership we purchased it from for over a week! I'm guessing that had not sold because they were selling it for $3K over MSRP. When I called them, I was able to negotiate them down to MSRP, but we had to take delivery that day (Thursday, 6/22). We took off from work, and drove off with our TCH that afternoon! We felt very fortunate because a fully loaded Blue Ribbon Metallic in the Southern California is very difficult to get without preordering it, much less have it at a dealer's lot for a week! And we are VERY HAPPY with our purchase.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: trading in my 2k5 camry for the 2k7 hybrid.....

ugh, I went to two dealers around my house, including the one where the lady said she will give me a "good deal" when I go in. BAD EXPERIENCE (Toyota of North Hollywood). Not only was I treated like a child (I know I'm young, but that does not mean they shouldn't talk like business, It seems that they treated me as if I wasn't serious about trading in the car.) They appraised my car and said 13k...wasn't enough. I asked why it was so less, they wouldn't answer me. I talked to the internet representative, the lady who said she will give me a good deal, asking her where is my good deal...seems like I'm getting ripped off. I asked for the manager and talk to him, why does his company lie or say things that are untrue about giving me a good deal, went on for about an hour and the manager didn't even budge or give an apology. So I walked off, because I'm not in a rush of buying it anyhow, but just a quick note, is there anywhere I can report this to? as in Toyota?

Anyways, I will take WVgasguy's advice and finish paying off, which is about a year. Then I'll think about it again. Thanks again guys/gals for helping out.