Toyota Stuck Throttle Recall Fix

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Toyota Stuck Throttle Recall Fix

My wife saw on the news that Toyota may decide on flashing the ECU.

The flash adds slightly to the programming. If the ECU sees the throttle accelerating with the brakes applied at the same time, the ECU would instantly release the throttle.

Last edited by rburt07; 10-03-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Stuck Throttle Recall Fix

Originally Posted by rburt07
My wife saw on the news that Toyota may decide on flashing the ECU.

I found similar from this online highlight news report.

The flash adds slightly to the programming. If the ECU sees the throttle accelerating with the brakes applied at the same time, the ECU would instantly release the throttle.

Be real carefull of letting them flash the ECU, had that done to two differant vehicals and milage went into the chitter!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM

Could be when they flashed to update your ecu they made more then the one change. Some engine updates can change the timing, rpm where the transmission shifts and etc. That was my experience with Ford.

I had a 2006 Ford Five Hundred with a 6-speed automatic. It had some other problem but while they had it they did a tsb on the transmission. I then shifted at lower rpm which helped get better gas mileage. Although about half of what my TCH is getting now. Still not bad for a full sized Ford. I traded it due to continuing various other problems.

Last edited by rburt07; 10-14-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:23 PM
old fart

There is no recall but they advise not to use any floor mat until the investigation is complete and they find the cause.
The Lexus involved in the accident had two sets of floor mats and i beleive the top ones were all weather and not made for that lexus.The lexus was a loaner from the dealership.The troopers wife was driving and may not have known to hold down on the start button for three seconds to shut it off.I didnt know that till i read the report at my dealership today.they are also looking into possible electrical problems.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:47 PM

This is from the Toyota USA Newsroom.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/t...610_p229517417