Toyota plug-in

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Old 06-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Toyota plug-in

I saw that on the news this morning. It's encouraging. I'm thinking that if I keep my TCH for at least 8 years (I've never had a car more than 2) that there should definitely be something out and fully tested by then. I'm still interested to see\hear how effectively they will function is a cold and snowy climate.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Hell this is only my second car, I drove my last one till it died (12 years), and this car is far better. I figure it should definitely last until the technology and manufacturing are at a point where there's another major step beyond what these current hybrids can do. And I'll love driving my TCH until that time. But all the hype lately sounds like they want us to believe there will be major steps forward in the next 2-5 years so hopefully it'll really happen.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Well I think since enough people are hurting in the wallet and are making noise that more of a concentrated effort is being made. I love my TCH too and with my track record I surprise everyone that knows me when I say that I am going to try and keep mine for at least 8 years.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Old Boomer Techie

I wonder what kind of odds you could get in Las Vegas right now on Toyota beating Chevy to market?

Old 06-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Driving in stealth mode

My bets on Toyota. Anyone else agree?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Active Enthusiast

My bet is on Toyota too! So they are saying 2010 so would that be next years version? They just came out with the 2009 a few months ago. It could be closer than we think!

I must admit I have not look for this but I was wonder if some company is offering the hardware to make a Plug in TCH? They have this for the Prius.

Bill

Old 06-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast

My bet is on Toyota all the way. I also don't think the volt will be ready by 2012. Can't wait to see how successful the Lithium Ion battery will be. If it isn't, there will be something else. The demand is there.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Driving in stealth mode

Originally Posted by HyCAMBill
My bet is on Toyota too! So they are saying 2010 so would that be next years version? They just came out with the 2009 a few months ago. It could be closer than we think!

I must admit I have not look for this but I was wonder if some company is offering the hardware to make a Plug in TCH? They have this for the Prius.

Bill
I was wondering that today too. The Prius packs are expensive though at $10k. Say goodbye to the trunk space if they make one for the TCH.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by coolshock1
I was wondering that today too. The Prius packs are expensive though at $10k. Say goodbye to the trunk space if they make one for the TCH.
??
The new packs should be smaller not bigger right?

Quick Reply: Toyota plug-in

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands