Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Jeff,

Do you have the factory nav and if so does this kit display artist and track info on the screen?

-J

Old 04-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, I have factory Nav. When pressing 'Text' it will display the artist and the album, up to 16 positions - which is better than the Sirius, which Toyota, for some reason truncates after 10.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well guys,
I have a 2007 Camry HV with the JBL system, non Nav. I order from crutchfield:
1) Peripheral iPod2car iPodŽ Adapter Gen 2 - PXDP2
2) Wiring Harness for the iPod control unit - Crutchfield #: 541PXH2TY1

It should be coming in this week, I'll let you all know how it functions and works!

Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

My local dealership parts department was selling the USA Spec PA12Toy

http://www.amazon.com/USA-PA12TOY-Ad...9836149&sr=8-1

Cost was under $200. I don't know anything about this product, but the guy in parts said that the dealership would install it.

I asked about iPod kits purchased over the net, and they said Toyota will not install them.

I also asked about reprogramming my keyless entry to disable to Trunk open button. They want $150 to reprogram the keyless entry.

Old 05-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Looks like the USA Spec is sold by Crutchfield. Anyone know the pros and cons of this product compared with the Vais tech iPod integration.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ISiJFEA...x?I=581PA15TOY

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1151

They are saying the PA20 is best for those with navigation.

Last edited by backupguy; 05-03-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Enthusiast

I have the Vais SL2I installed in my 08 TCH. Works great. The playlist restriction sounds bad at first, but creating a ton of playlists in iTunes isn't that hard, if you want. Further, they're about to release a firmware upgrade that will allow search by artist, song title, etc. I'm not sure how this will work.

One of the major downsides is on the TCH, Folder List doesn't work. That is, the screen is blank, no "folders' (what the Vais calls playlists) are displayed. Vais says this is a problem with the Toyota head unit - it doesn't allow folder view on external CD changers, which is what the Vais emulates rather than emulating an XM or Sirius tuner. Right now I only have five playlists, so keeping track of them isn't too hard, but hopefully the firmware upgrade will make the whole process easier. We'll see.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I purchased a USA Spec Ipod Kit PA20 from my dealership. Info on my experience and pictures can be found in:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post171106

Old 05-09-2008, 05:26 PM
Enthusiast

so I have been reading through the thread and looking at the various links and with people trying different ones can I get a recommendation. I have a '07 TCH without nav. I have no problem using playlists (that's how I use my ipod now without having to look) and the only real thing I want the connection for is so my ipod will pause/resume automatically when I get calls over the BT system. Anything beyond that is secondary to me. (And I know it's a little stupid but I want to try and avoid ever having to look at my ipod and since I listen to podcasts I want it to pause when I get calls without having to remember to fumble around to pause/play each time)

Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

My Dice ipod integration kit (Silverline) has an annoying habit. When the car is turned on, the dice unit resets the ipod so that it starts playing the first song. I'd really like it to continue where it left off like my older Dice unit in my prius does.

Has anyone had the same problem? How do you fix it?

Thanks

Old 07-22-2008, 06:00 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have the Dice and don't have that problem. First thing I would check is your ipod's firmware version to make sure it's current. Second, the Dice has at least two ipod modes -- you might try them both. Third, I would contact their tech support -- they were helpful to me when my Dice wouldn't display ID3 tag info on the head unit.

Originally Posted by swoozle
My Dice ipod integration kit (Silverline) has an annoying habit. When the car is turned on, the dice unit resets the ipod so that it starts playing the first song. I'd really like it to continue where it left off like my older Dice unit in my prius does.

Has anyone had the same problem? How do you fix it?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Toyota iPod Integration Kit??

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands