Tires flat spotting

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tires flat spotting

Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Enthusiast

Ok I have more info. I replaced my tires again on Feb 20th 2011. I had 30k on them. 50k warranty tire. The "shaking" returned almost immediately. I finally took it back to Toyota today. They started with tire balancing again. Only had 800 miles on new tires and install. They said the balancing was off but the shaking was still there. The mechanic did some research and found that Toyota had problems with 06,07 Camry Hybrids having "body/front end shake" at Highway speeds of 60 and above. They suggested almost $1400.00 of front end work. BTW warranty is out. Thats my fault. I shouldn't have waited so long. Bearings, axles and assorted parts on the front end need to be replaced. I'm waiting to hear from the service manager on Monday to see if they will fix the "FACTORY" problem or at least pay for something. After all it has had the shaking since new.

Will return to post hopefully next week and update everyone. :0

Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My 2007 TCH came new with Michelin MHV4 tires. They did not vibrate up to speeds of 80 mph. I replaced them with a set of michelin energy saver a/s tires to slightly improve my mpg. They never vibrated either even at high speeds.

I think a big problem here is the Bridgstone tires you had. I have heard some bad things about them, in the past, some vibration problems and fast wear.

Like others have said, it could very sell be a bad strut.

I have had a bad font tire on a '94 Corolla that did vibrate some. The tire had a thick area of rubber in one sidewall. They could balance it and it would still vibrate at speed. I got rid of the problem when I replace them with michelins. The bad tire was a oem goodyear. No doubt it could happen to any tire brand.

I now buy my tires from Tire Rack online. They test all their tires for this thick sidewall problem before shipping them out.

My advice is to try a popular good recommended front end shop. Tell them that tire replacement did not fix the vibration.

Do keep your tires around 38 psi cold and rotate and balance every 5000 miles, around your oil change time.