Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

Thanks for everyone's input. It's easy for you guys to tell me to wait when you have yours already!

I was iffy about the whole thing, especially the powered moon/sunroof. Although it looks like it would be easy to replace the stock radio with one that has navigation, I don't feel comfortable about this either.

We've decided to wait for the one we want to come in. I never thought I'd entertain the idea of going over 50 miles to purchase one of these vehicles; now I'm thinking about driving 200 miles or more to get one!

Thanks for the tips and advice!

Old 06-16-2006, 02:28 PM

When I was looking for a base model, I passed up tons of mostly- or fully-loaded models. Honestly, in California they are extremely common and it would be foolish letting the dealer do what the factory can do much better.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think Atlanta is aout 1000 - 1200 miles away from me. So, I guess for some of us, distance is no obstacle. LOL.

I was warned not to read this forum too much though, or else it would drive me crazy. I'm starting to think that I got a bum deal. haha. I'm still getting it, so I'm happy!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeffeynboo
Hi All,

My wife and I have been trying to buy a fully loaded Magnetic Gray TCH with Ash Interior but have unable to get a hold of one. We have deposits at two dealerships and been in almost daily contact with numerous dealers in the L.A./O.C. area. We are even willing to drive as far south as San Diego and north to Santa Barbara.

Unfortunately, one of the dealers that said that a TCH with the options/colors we want will be available next week called to say that it may take as long as another month.

A salesman at this dealership suggested that he can install leather seats, NAV and powered Sunroof to a base model using all Toyota parts as well as not voiding any warranty. The price of these additions will be within $200 of a fully loaded TCH with an MSRP of $30589.

Has anyone looked into doing this? He said it would take around two days (I find that hard to believe unless they have all these options ready to install) to do this. This is enticing to us because we are now just a one car family (sold our car in anticipation of purchasing a TCH within 2 weeks).

I don't think that replacing the 6 CD changer for the navigation system will be a big deal since these parts are probably interchangeable. (I don't have proof, so correct me if I'm wrong.

What do you think?
Don't do it. Be patient and get a factory installed, fully optioned TCH with MSRP $30,589. Most dealer installed options are aftermarket eventho' they tell you they say they are using Toyota parts. The hardest color to get is Jasper Pearl since they only make 1 out of every 100 TCH produced. 24/100 are Silver, 20/100 are Magnetic Gray, 15/100 is Super White, etc. I know these numbers bec. the dealer showed me a percentage of colors produced.
Again, deposit you $500 and wait 4 weeks.
I waited for mine for 4 weeks. It is a fully loaded Super White with Bisque interior wit hMSRP of $30,589.
Dealers that I know of in San Diego which charges MSRP without markups and/or dealer installed options are Kearny Mesa Toyota, Frank Toyota and Mossy Toyota. Other dealers I inquired in San Diego County does have mark up usually about $3,000. Don't go for dealers who charges mark up bec. there are honest dealers who will sell it for MSRP.
Again, be patient. Your TCH will arrive.

Dave, H20 Doctor,
I spoke to the sales manager of Keary Mesa Toyota and here are the breakdown of percentages of exterior colors produced.
Titanium Metallic (Silver) 28.6%
Magnetic Gray 24.1%
Super White 19.8%
Barcelona Red 10.7%
Desert Sand Mica 10%
Blue Ribbon Metallic 4.4%
Jasper Pearl 2.4%

Last edited by Hybridkrzy; 06-17-2006 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hybridkrzy
Don't do it. Be patient and get a factory installed, fully optioned TCH with MSRP $30,589. Most dealer installed options are aftermarket eventho' they tell you they say they are using Toyota parts. The hardest color to get is Jasper Pearl since they only make 1 out of every 100 TCH produced. 24/100 are Silver, 20/100 are Magnetic Gray, 15/100 is Super White, etc. I know these numbers bec. the dealer showed me a percentage of colors produced.
Again, deposit you $500 and wait 4 weeks.
I waited for mine for 4 weeks. It is a fully loaded Super White with Bisque interior wit hMSRP of $30,589.
Dealers that I know of in San Diego which charges MSRP without markups and/or dealer installed options are Kearny Mesa Toyota, Frank Toyota and Mossy Toyota. Other dealers I inquired in San Diego County does have mark up usually about $3,000. Don't go for dealers who charges mark up bec. there are honest dealers who will sell it for MSRP.
Again, be patient. Your TCH will arrive.
Do your remember the breakdown for blue ribbon metallic?

Old 06-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast

Dave, H2O Doctor,

Here is a breakdown of percetages of external colors produced for TCH.
Titanium Metallic Silver 28.6%
Magnetic Gray 24.1%
Super White 19.8%
Barcelona Red 10.7%
Desert Sand Mica 10%
Blue Ribbon Metallic 4.4%
Jasper Pearl 2.4%

This information originated from a Sales Manager from Kearny Mesa Toyota in San Diego.

The wait for Jasper Pearl is longer. Vice versa, for titanium Metallic Silver.

joe

Old 06-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Another thought on dealer installed options. Since these items are normally factory intalled and not installed at port, it may not be reflected in the VIN number and reduce the value at trade in time.

Be patient, I am waiting on a loaded Jasper Pearl and most likely will be traveling from Florida to Virginia to pick it up due to the poor availability of loded ones in my area. I have had deposits here since the end of April. The dealer I am working with in Virginia is selling at MSRP plus a minor addition of pinstriping that they apparently apply to all of their cars.

Another thought, check out Fitzmall.com they are selling at MSRP and get them in on a regular basis. However, they don't have any loaded in your color at this time.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast

I am torn about waiting for a fully loaded TCH or settling and picking up a " base" model at any time. Anyone have any thoughts? I am in eastern Pennsylvania and I am told the wait for a loaded TCH is 3 months.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:39 AM
WVGasGuy

I see in this post you say the base is available now. Bottom line, if you plan to keep this more than 3 years then waiting a couple of months to get the options you want should be worth it. Then again I'd still look around. WV (my location) is not that far away and there may be loaded ones available here, in Md or Va, all close enough to easily call and deal with.

Old 06-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Enthusiast

I was in the same situation as you before I bought a fully loaded one and I'm glad I waited.

In my case, it might have been slightly different as the 3 main options were things I thought I could have done without.

Features in order of importance for me:
1) Leather - I could always add it after the fact.
2) Navigation - I use a Garmin handheld and I really thought the built-in navigation wouldn't be able to compete with the Garmin, but after a week I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with the unit.
3) Moonroof - I never use it, but the wife likes it.

So all said...I'm happy I waited and I think you should too if you really want those options.

Originally Posted by Iwannasave$$$
I am torn about waiting for a fully loaded TCH or settling and picking up a " base" model at any time. Anyone have any thoughts? I am in eastern Pennsylvania and I am told the wait for a loaded TCH is 3 months.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Having Dealer Make a Base TCH Fully Loaded

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands