For those of you with Nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default For those of you with Nav

I have a question for those that have Nav in their TCH. Lets say you are going on a 500 mile trip and you are using the Nav to get you there. At some point you will have to make a stop (bathroom break or food break) which will require you to shut off the car. When you restart the car does the Nav guidance automatically restart or is there something you have to do to resume guidance?

Also does the Nav allow you to add 'stops' to your route? So lets say on your 500 mile trip there is somewhere along the way you know you want to stop. Can you add that stop in so it guides you there and then when you are done it will guide you to your final destination?

Old 01-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: For those of you with Nav

Originally Posted by tnsig
I have a question for those that have Nav in their TCH. Lets say you are going on a 500 mile trip and you are using the Nav to get you there. At some point you will have to make a stop (bathroom break or food break) which will require you to shut off the car. When you restart the car does the Nav guidance automatically restart or is there something you have to do to resume guidance?

Also does the Nav allow you to add 'stops' to your route? So lets say on your 500 mile trip there is somewhere along the way you know you want to stop. Can you add that stop in so it guides you there and then when you are done it will guide you to your final destination?
I can answer your second part of the question. You can add stops. When you find another destination to route to, it asks if you want to add to the destination or replace the one you are heading to currently.

As for the first question, my quess would be that it remembers where you are going until you either erase the guidance to that location or you reach that location. At least that is the way other navigation devices work. I just never had the occasion to shut the car off during a trip in this car yet.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, it remembers.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Dazed and Confused

Yes it remembers, but I think you have to press the "I accept" button for it to give you the verbal ques. It has been a week or so since I actually used the route feature, and I did make a couple stops on the way.

Also if you know where a stop on the route is, and you take a detour, it will automatically calculate a new route to your final destination after you have gone a bit past your "mistake" in the original route. It will keep recalculating until you get back on what ever route it thinks you should be on.

Old 01-22-2007, 05:33 AM

Thanks everyone so far for their responses.

My wife and I will be taking a trip to the midwest (Oklahoma) this summer with several stops along the way. I was hoping to be able to plug in the entire route and just go...We are also planning a trip up north (Maryland) shortly after the car arrives. I may have to mess with it on that trip to see what I can figure out.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

Vince,

If the places you are going have reliable street addresses, I would just save them into My Places and select them as you go. That way, if your route changes, you won't have to mess with deleting a waypoint and adding a new one.

Just a thought....

Larry

Old 01-22-2007, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bigsk8r
Vince,

If the places you are going have reliable street addresses, I would just save them into My Places and select them as you go. That way, if your route changes, you won't have to mess with deleting a waypoint and adding a new one.

Just a thought....

Larry

Very good idea Larry. I didn't even consider that. Once I get the car I'll have to start plugging in addresses to make sure they show up. Do you know if the Nav system will let you pick a place on the map and set it up in My Places. So if one of the addresses doesn't show up in the Nav database but I have an idea of where it's located...can I go to that general area and select a specific street and add it to "my Places"? That way it will at least guide me to that general area?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:33 AM
Dazed and Confused

I believ you can do that. When I can't get the search feature t find a location and I know where it is, i will pick that location from the map, but I have not tried to set it as one of my places.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by ag4ever
I believ you can do that. When I can't get the search feature t find a location and I know where it is, i will pick that location from the map, but I have not tried to set it as one of my places.
Thanks ag4ever. Even if it doesn't allow me to save it under My Places, I will be able to select the general area when I'm ready to go there and have it guide me. Good stuff

Old 01-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Active Enthusiast

You can set up any "Mark" as a location in My Places.

1) Find what you want on the map.
2) Press 'Mark' (soft key)
3) Press 'Menu' (hard key)
4) Press 'My Places' (soft key)
5) Press 'Register' (soft key)
6) Press 'Memory' (soft key)
7) Your mark address should be in that list now. Once you select it you can give it a name and select how you want it to appear on the map screen. I use green tacks for business and blue for personal, but there are 30+ little icons to choose from.

Remember that the map is divided into 8 or 9 qeographic regions. Before you do a search or look for a point, make sure you have selected the correct region.

Larry

Quick Reply: For those of you with Nav

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands