TCH: which ramps?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
TCH 2007 newbie May 07
Default TCH: which ramps?

Got a pair of rhino, the low type. I have the first oil change upcoming to do, and have some reservations about this car getting up on those ramps unscathed.

Anybody out there been there, done that, yet?

Thx !

Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH: which ramps?

I used to use them all the time on my Prius, and more recently on the TCH. Now I just take it to Wal-Mart, hand them the oil, and go to Subway for lunch!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 PM
DBS
Enthusiast

I use the Rhino ramps on mine and they work fine.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ed_T
Got a pair of rhino, the low type. I have the first oil change upcoming to do, and have some reservations about this car getting up on those ramps unscathed.

Anybody out there been there, done that, yet?

Thx !
Hi Ed_t. You dont need ramps to get to the oil drain plug and oil filter. They can be reached easily.

I would be afraid of driving the TCH up on ramps on the switch from EV mode to ICE. Although I dont necessarily feel it while accelerating, I imagine a slight surge forward once the ICE kicks in. I dont think EV will have enough output to drive it up on the ramps, but I could be wrong.

Prior to the TCH I had a '03 Acura TL-TypeS. I Would have an close heart attack every time I drive it up on the ramps on fear of going over. The ramps even had the extensions since the Acura rode low.

Good luck!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Ok It's been a while since the last post here so I will ask again. For those of you that "do" change your own oil with ramps, which ones ( brand name) are you using or is everyone using the Rhino ramps? I have been using jack stands but feel the ramps would give me more room under the car. Thing is the TCH front spoiler seems a little low and I want to make sure the pair I buy will work. Thanks, Rick

Old 07-27-2010, 03:34 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

Rick: I use the Rhino Ramps, they give you plenty of room under the TCH. The front end of the TCH is very low but the ramps work fine, just move up slowly.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Rhino ramps. Looks like I'll just pick up a pair of them. Thanks, that was easy. Rick

Old 09-18-2010, 07:39 PM
700 Mi Camry Club Member

Rhino ramps good here. I use them on my Camry Hybrid, Dodge truck, and suburban. Even though you cam do the oil change without the ramps, I use them so I can do a better job of not letting any oil get on the garage floor. I usually lay down plastic sheet and use a bag to capture the oil from the spin on filter. I hold the oil pan container until I have good control of oil coming into the container. I didn't spill more than a tea spoon today.