TCH cloth seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH cloth seats

I have leather in my old car and miss it in my TCH. The cloth seats are holding up well, but I just like to be able to slide in on my seat with my big heavy winter coat and not have to sit there and ruffle my feathers as I get the coat (it is a long trench-type coat) arranged. I also worry more about spills with the cloth seats. However, I got the car from the showroom floor and didn't want to wait for ordering. I figure when the cloth wears out I can have the after market leather put in.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by belbe
but I just like to be able to slide in on my seat with my big heavy winter coat and not have to sit there and ruffle my feathers as I get the coat (it is a long trench-type coat) arranged. I also worry more about spills with the cloth seats.
I've actually never owned a car with leather but these are actually some of the reasons I'm considering leather. I also wear a long winter coat and it is a little problematic getting in and trying to situate your coat. I can't tell you how many times I've closed the door on my coat LOL.

Thanks everyone for your responses. If anyone wants to add more please feel free to do so. I think whether I end up with leather or not I'll be happy. I just hope I don't end up with the dreaded rattles and squeaks

Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

I like my cloth seats just fine. They warm up fast - I was perturbed because Toyota won't put heated seats with anything but leather, but I find I don't need the heated seats as much as I thought I would.

I can't say much about the wear issue either - I've had my car two months, and I don't weigh that much. I think the weight of the person sitting in the seat has a lot to do with the wear of the seat - and I'm not saying that to be mean, just as a point of fact.

Old 01-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The cloth seats seem to take abuse from kids better than you'd think. I've cleaned up everything from muddy footprints to spilled apple juice quite easily. The The soft velvet-like appearence had me worried.

I did experience some damage to the seat from a poorly constructed booster seat that had some sharp plastic edges which cut into (but not through) the seat. This is a design issue of the booster seat and also my fault for not checking.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

My biggest worry with leather is tears. I'm not a leather expert, but it seems that a tear or poke could be sewn and fixed easily with cloth seats.

So I am very careful about carrying "rough" stuff inside the passenger area. Be careful going to Home Depot!

My TCH is fully loaded with leather.