Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Guys... If you are thinking about selling your hybrid, you may want to do a bit more research.
I found this quote: "IRS has yet to provide guidance on using credits to reduce alternative minimum tax liability and rules relating to recapture of credit (e.g., if the vehicle is re-sold)."

This came from the following site:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/tax_hybrid.shtml . Look under "Additional Requirements" section.

I'm not saying that you get to keep it and I'm not saying that you don't, I'm just suggesting that it could go either way....

Last edited by Scooters; 11-11-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well all right! Party on!

Old 11-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

While Steve did not sell his, I sold mine. I actually traded it in on a slightly used car that will be more pleasurable for me to drive.

I got $25k on the trade, sticker is $28,600. Coupled with the tax credit, I only am out $1000. That and the two payments I made. Tax carried over to the new car.

It was nice to post here. You all have been great. I may stop in from time to time.

Good luck everyone. Happy TCHing!

Old 11-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Lem144, what did you get instead?

Originally Posted by lem144
While Steve did not sell his, I sold mine. I actually traded it in on a slightly used car that will be more pleasurable for me to drive.

I got $25k on the trade, sticker is $28,600. Coupled with the tax credit, I only am out $1000. That and the two payments I made. Tax carried over to the new car.

It was nice to post here. You all have been great. I may stop in from time to time.

Good luck everyone. Happy TCHing!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

I got an 04 RAV4 4x4 5-speed. I'll miss the TCH's stereo the most I think. And the bluetooth and the 37mpg. But I'm more than happy with the fun-to-drive factor.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lem144
I got an 04 RAV4 4x4 5-speed. I'll miss the TCH's stereo the most I think. And the bluetooth and the 37mpg. But I'm more than happy with the fun-to-drive factor.
No offense, but a Rav4 is fun to drive?

Is it the 5-speed? I had a 5-speed Rav4 (first model year) - I wasn't all that impressed.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Maybe I can help with the RAV4 issue.

My wife got the TCH, so I figured I deserved a new car too.

I had a Highlander and still needed a vehicle to carry "stuff" from time to time.

I bought a 07 RAV 4 2WD Limited, JBL, Sunroof about 2 weeks ago and drove it from the dealer in Ohio to Texas (don't ask about impulse buying). I figured I'd love it or hate it by the time I got to TX.

The 06-07 RAV4s have gotten a bit bigger and have moved somewhat more upscale.

The 4cyl has more than plenty of power and is fun to drive.

The JBL system isn't quite as crisp as the TCH, but still good. I really wanted it for the bult-in Bluetooth system, which is great.

The driver's seat is comfortable (confirmed with my 2- hour 2-day drive). The passenger and rear seats aren't quite as comfortable as I would like.

Lots of under the rear deck storage and generally seems to be well built.

I'd rate it as one of the best compact SUVs.

Old 11-14-2006, 06:47 PM

My Rav was my first Toyota, but it left a sour taste in my mouth because I leased it from a dealer who is VERY shady and screwed me big time on the deal. It was a good vehicle though, one they fixed a badly leaking leaking windshield on the third try. (I would get an inch of standing water in the passenger footwell when it rained - even if it was just parked).

It also earned me the nickname "Rav-boy" at work. I'm really glad that I didn't get an H2.

Last edited by spiff72; 11-14-2006 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

I sold my 2006 4Runner LTD V8 4WD and I got a beauty 2007 TCH and I could not be happier with gas cost savings of 43+ MPG versus 13-17MPG and an awesome quite ride... the 2007 TCH is truly an amazing Hybrid vehicle.

Last edited by agnosto; 11-14-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:51 AM

I can understand the TCH not being fun to drive. I enjoy it, but it doesn't have sport sedan handling and certainly not sport car handling. If you floor it there is definitely decent acceleration, but not class leading acceleration. However, I didn't purchase it with the idea of getting a sport sedan, but rather a highly efficient and refined family car.

I could see someone trading it in and buying a BMW, or a Mustang GT convertible for the fun factors. While a RAV4 is a fine car-based SUV I don't see how it's much more fun to drive than a TCH, unless you're into off-roading. And if that were the case there's probably more compentent off-road vehicles.

Not questioning the decision. Well, I guess I am. But enjoy the RAV4.

Quick Reply: Selling my new '07 Camry Hybrid already?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands