Seat belt warning alarm

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Seat belt warning alarm

smilin jack, eloquently said!!!
i have a long driveway, which leads to a rural road, which then leads to a more populated road. i usually have belted up by the time i hit the rural road, as i feel naked without a seat belt. but even as i grew up always belting up, this seatbelt indicator drives me insane!! im gonna turn it off at my earliest convenience.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm with you 100%.
All I know is that my nearby dealer lost a ton of service because they at first refused to disable the chime at all during one of my service intervals. Later they tried to charge me $100. That was the last time I have used them. The dealership that has done it for free is further away and has taken over my service intervals and even sold me a new set of tires. Dealerships that care about good customer service get good customers.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

As for belts, I KNOW they work. I have survived several crashes that I should not have due to belts and airbags. (And no, I don't want to hear your "but what if...." questions or stories--belts WORK.)

Next, the Toyota chime is annoying. I own a Chevy Silverado pickup, Cadillac Deville, Chrysler Sebring convertible, and have owned Lincolns and Buicks. This chime in the Toyota is ANNOYING! It comes on too LATE to be a reminder, and is too loud and high pitched.

Having said all of that, here are some instructions I found on another Web site; I plan to try them out tonight on my car:

TURNING OFF THE SEAT BELT BEEPER
If you touch the brake pedal, it will screw you up, so feet off the brake from the second you get in the car. I also had all doors closed, not sure if that matters.

- put in your key and turn the car on, do not start the engine

- Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO trip.

- turn car back off for a minute

- turn it back on

- Press and hold the TRIP meter reset **** for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position.

- Fasten the driver's seat belt while holding the **** (this is the tricky part)

- as soon as you fasten the belt, the LCD should change

You may have to hit the reset meter **** to cycle through b-ON to b-OFF (b-off, obviously turns the belt warning off)

- once you set it to b-off, just sit there and wait and the lcd will return to normal, turn the car off you are done.

If you miss any of the little things, it will not work.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast

wow, let us know if that works cause if thats true that is EPIC news.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanAntonio Joe
As for belts, I KNOW they work. I have survived several crashes that I should not have due to belts and airbags. (And no, I don't want to hear your "but what if...." questions or stories--belts WORK.)

Next, the Toyota chime is annoying. I own a Chevy Silverado pickup, Cadillac Deville, Chrysler Sebring convertible, and have owned Lincolns and Buicks. This chime in the Toyota is ANNOYING! It comes on too LATE to be a reminder, and is too loud and high pitched.

Having said all of that, here are some instructions I found on another Web site; I plan to try them out tonight on my car:

TURNING OFF THE SEAT BELT BEEPER
If you touch the brake pedal, it will screw you up, so feet off the brake from the second you get in the car. I also had all doors closed, not sure if that matters.

- put in your key and turn the car on, do not start the engine

- Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO trip.

- turn car back off for a minute

- turn it back on

- Press and hold the TRIP meter reset **** for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position.

- Fasten the driver's seat belt while holding the **** (this is the tricky part)

- as soon as you fasten the belt, the LCD should change

You may have to hit the reset meter **** to cycle through b-ON to b-OFF (b-off, obviously turns the belt warning off)

- once you set it to b-off, just sit there and wait and the lcd will return to normal, turn the car off you are done.

If you miss any of the little things, it will not work.
We have tried all of these tricks with no luck. By the way, when you figure out step 1, let us know ("put in your key"). I think these instructions are for older model Camrys.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

chime goes away in about 30 seconds. red light keeps blinking until belt is buckled.
also, if you have fairly heavy object on passenger seat, ECM believes you have unbuckled passenger and will chime for that side either.
be grateful they did not couple engine immobilizer along with seatbelt sensor.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ukrkoz
chime goes away in about 30 seconds. red light keeps blinking until belt is buckled.
also, if you have fairly heavy object on passenger seat, ECM believes you have unbuckled passenger and will chime for that side either.
be grateful they did not couple engine immobilizer along with seatbelt sensor.
I posted a permanent fix about a year ago.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Enthusiast

link to said permanent fix? you should put it in your sig too!