Screen Protector for the NAV?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:11 AM
Enthusiast
Default Screen Protector for the NAV?

Although this is not hybrid-specific, I would like to know if anyone has installed a screen protector on the NAV screen of their 2007 Camry hybrid? Being a gadget freak, I always have one installed for my mobile phone, my digital camera, and my camcorder. Where can I get one?

Old 07-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Screen Protector for the NAV?

Just did the screen protector on my TCH. It took some looking to find 1 large enough to cover the screen. I found it at Frys in the bay area. ( California ) "Macally" is the brand, its made for mac iBooks 12" display. It's not the static cling type. It has a sticky edge on 1 side. I place the sticky side on the top.. Cleaned the screen well and made a templete and then cut the protector to fit. It works well with no problem with the touchscreen.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Enthusiast

I just took the THC out for a drive. The screen protector I just installed won't work well of you use Polarized glasses. When looking at the screen it has a shadowing effect. So it looks like I'm going to pull it off.... I'll go back to keeping a Microfiber towel in the car... Thats my 2 cents......

Old 07-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

I found what is sold here to be very good.

www.navprotector.com

They can customize the size. I used the dimensions 6.1" X 3.6" and it seemed to fit very nicely. It is invisible and there is no dimished capabilities that I have found on the touch screen.

Byron

Old 07-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Hybrid Head

Originally Posted by ByronJames2003
I found what is sold here to be very good.

www.navprotector.com

They can customize the size. I used the dimensions 6.1" X 3.6" and it seemed to fit very nicely. It is invisible and there is no dimished capabilities that I have found on the touch screen.

Byron
Got mine there as well, works great

Old 09-08-2006, 08:25 AM
pse
Enthusiast

Does it diminish your ability to see the screen with sunglasses on?
Thanks!

Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

To be honest I rarely wear sunglasses. I doubt there would be any appreciable difference though as the protector is clear and doesn't have any tint to it.

Old 09-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

i bought one of these but didnt fit quite right...i took it off...looked cheesy

Old 09-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just bought one of these too and the size was incorrect as ordered it for a 2007 TCH - I cut it down twice and after trying to install it 3x it finally got dirt on the back and is now worthless ---- I would not recommend one.... It also showed fingerprints pretty well too....

Here is my suggestion - I did buy some screen cleaner from the site below - and after cleaning the screen - fingerprints don't show as easily - takes a little longer for them to build up - I'll just stick with this stuff and their micro cloth cleans it nicely and quickly...

http://store.klearscreen.com/product...products_id=73

Old 09-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nav protector works fine for me....I did have to buy a few of them to get it applied correctly....and they aren't cheap. I do have a few air pockets near the bottom, but I'm ok with them. They can custom size them for you at no extra charge. I just looked for the measurements I sent them, but can't find them. Feel free to have them reference my order (Byron Ricketts / BJR3@aol.com).
You have to be very careful when applying the proector....barely touch the edges and use a credit card to ease the protector into place.

Byron

Quick Reply: Screen Protector for the NAV?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands