Saturn or Toyota...any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Saturn or Toyota...any thoughts?

Originally Posted by dakid13
Wishful thinking. No, they're all on commission and I think even if they weren' it's in their nature to nickel and dime you anyway. Unlike Saturn with the no haggle policy.
The Toyota dealership where my TCH is on order has salaried salespeople and a no haggle price policy similar to Saturn. Most of their cars are sold below MSRP, but not the Prius, the TCH or the RAV4. All of the other models are below MSRP.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Camry Hybrid Owner

Ditto to Lilarienne's post. I went from a Saturn Ion quad coupe to the TCH. No comparison, Toyota wins by a mile, (actually, quite a few miles).

The service/treatment at the new Toyota dealer I purchased from in Northern Ohio compares favorably to the Saturn service I used to receive. You just have to find the right dealer.....

Old 06-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Enthusiast

I don't know where you are in Southern California......but I've had great experiences buying from Simi Valley Toyota and Sierra Toyota in Lancaster, CA in the past. I dealt with their internet managers both times. I looked into buying my TCH there -- but another dealership had one available earlier for me. I won't mention that dealer, as I would not recommend them. I'd much prefer to deal with the ones I mentioned above. We've had great experiences with them in the past. Even if it is a bit far out of your way, it wouldn't hurt to contact these folks as both of our previous Toyota deals were done online, over e-mail and by phone anyway......and then we just showed up and finalized the paperwork.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

It's funny, but the last car I drove before I got my TCH was a Saturn Ion. LOL. I didn't have my TCH yet and my family came into town for graduation. Even with a Rav4, my boyfriend didn't have enough room for him, me and my sisters and parents. So I had to rent a car at the airport for the day.

No offense to the original poster, but I didn't really enjoy the Saturn that much. It felt kind of cheap and made the oddest noises when I did simple things like turn the steering wheel.

I will admit though, that it is very difficult to compare the two. The Saturn I drove was a car rental one and probably had taken a lot of wear and tear. Also, I got my TCH fully loaded. Apples and oranges, kind of?

I totally agree with the other posters though that you need to find the right dealer. I had great luck finding the one that I did. They were willing to work with me even though I am about 1200 miles away from them. They could have easily said no, and dealt with people in Atlanta and not gone through the hassle of corresponding with me through mail.

Keep looking. Bad dealers can make any car awful.