Replaced hybrid batter and 12v, still saying check hybrid battery, VSC System

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 06:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Replaced hybrid batter and 12v, still saying check hybrid battery, VSC System

About 5 months ago, I got the Check Hybrid Battery, Check VSC System and lost power. I was able to limp it home without using electric power. It was parked, only started it a couple of times, until I was able to get a refurbished hybrid battery replacement. I made the appointment and went out to start it. My 12v was dead and wouldn’t charge. I replaced the 12v battery and it started up, still with previous messages. Battery guy comes out today and replaced the hybrid battery and test drove it. It ran perfect. I drove it around about 15 miles or so and then the Check Hybrid battery and Check VSC System came up. I again was able to limp it back home. Tried to start it again, move it around on the property to see what it would do and now it won’t even move at all. It comes on, says ready and then the ready light goes off and about 6 lights come on. Abs, check engine, traction control.... not sure why this is happening with two new batteries. Any thoughts are appreciated
edited to add: 2007 Camry Hybrid with 164,000 miles on it
edited to add: just checked my 12v battery and it’s at 8v. So my battery isn’t being charged and there is no alternator?

Last edited by Sara Brown; 01-31-2020 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2020, 06:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replaced hybrid batter and 12v, still saying check hybrid battery, VSC System

During the build/installation of the Camry pack, it's possible to not tighten TWO nuts that may prevent 12V charging.

Brand new 12V batteries can be bad right off the bat. Not common, but it happens.

Sounds like you need to contact the HV battery guy.