What LEDs did you get for the front? Link please. Thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rear turn signal bulbs and LED replacements

http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/315x-xLX3.htm

Old 05-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Enthusiast

No load resistors needed? Someone on ToyotaNation who also used that kept blowing a fuse.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

no load resistor used
no blown fuses
just used the electronic flasher to prevent the hyper flash

Old 05-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tharvey
I installed 3 watt single led in rear turn signals and dual 3 watt leds in front turn signals which double as marker lights.
Isn't there a separate side marker bulb? There appears to be. According to Sylvania it is a 2825 bulb.
Originally Posted by tharvey
To install the front bulbs you remove the 2 liner clips from the front wheel well and pull away the liner to get access to the turn signal bulbs.
I have more than 2 clips on the wheel well liner in my 2009 TCH. Some have screw heads, some don't. How do you remove the ones without screw heads? Anyone have a diagram of how you are supposed to get access to the parking/turn light?

Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

there are 2 marker or parking lights on the front.

the dual element led which I replaced doubles as a parking light and turn signal light

there is also a separate marker or parking light which is beside the main light and appears to illuminate the side of the turn signal assembly.

as for the plugs to remove starting from the side with the wheels turned you will see what appears to be a flat blade plastic screw mount ignore this one and remove the 2 plug mounts above this and pull back the liner. I did this on a warm 70 degree day and the plastic was quite flexible and very easy to do.

when you reach in to remove the socket there are 2 side by side, twist and turn the large socket to remove the larger socket, which will contain the larger bulb which I replaced with the 3 watt led.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Enthusiast

So I ordered another CF18, this time from superbrightleds. My hazards still dont work. I have a feeling that its my Viper alarm. My switchbacks are now work also. I guess I swapped the bulbs around and wasnt working correctly the first time around. Now I have white parking lights and when I use the turn signal, it turns amber while the other side stays white. Pics and vids will be on my cardomain

Old 06-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Rear turn signal bulbs and LED replacements

Note, the front 3457 bulbs on the TCH are SACK type wiring, which is common for all Toyotas. This means that the high and low are on one side of the wedge and the other side are both grounds, whereas normally you have a high and ground on one side and low and ground on the other side. See http://www.autolumination.com/conversion.html for diagram. I found this out the hard way buy buying some 7W high power 3157 bulbs from v-leds.com that kept burning out fuses. I used the good old multimeter to confirm my suspicion. V-LEDS and Autolumination sell SACK type bulbs, and specifically recommend them for Toyotas, and specifically the Camry, however based on no one saying these were needed on this forum even when I specifically asked several times, I assumed they were not necessary. Wrong! They are! I'm not disputing other bulbs may work, but the wiring is absolutely SACK type. Just check it out with a multi meter. Since the new 7W high power LED bulb V-LEDS sells isn't available in SACK wiring, I rigged it by moving the ground on the side with the high plus wire to the side with the low plus wire, then flipping the low plus over and at an angle to reach where the ground was. This puts both grounds together, which is fine since they are grounded together anyways in the socket (and by definition all grounds in the car are connected). Doing this let the high and low beam work like a charm with no blow outs.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ruc2827
Note, the front 3457 bulbs on the TCH are SACK type wiring, which is common for all Toyotas. This means that the high and low are on one side of the wedge and the other side are both grounds, whereas normally you have a high and ground on one side and low and ground on the other side. See http://www.autolumination.com/conversion.html for diagram. I found this out the hard way buy buying some 7W high power 3157 bulbs from v-leds.com that kept burning out fuses. I used the good old multimeter to confirm my suspicion. V-LEDS and Autolumination sell SACK type bulbs, and specifically recommend them for Toyotas, and specifically the Camry, however based on no one saying these were needed on this forum even when I specifically asked several times, I assumed they were not necessary. Wrong! They are! I'm not disputing other bulbs may work, but the wiring is absolutely SACK type. Just check it out with a multi meter. Since the new 7W high power LED bulb V-LEDS sells isn't available in SACK wiring, I rigged it by moving the ground on the side with the high plus wire to the side with the low plus wire, then flipping the low plus over and at an angle to reach where the ground was. This puts both grounds together, which is fine since they are grounded together anyways in the socket (and by definition all grounds in the car are connected). Doing this let the high and low beam work like a charm with no blow outs.
Another reason why you're blowing fuse is because you're using 7w. Its too powerful for the turn signals. It works fine using 7w on rear turn signals.

I noted that the SACK/SWACK is needed for front turn signals for in the Master List of LEDs Bulb Sizes & DIY/Tutorials for Interior/Exterior Lights

Old 06-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Enthusiast

These are the bulbs that I ordered for those curious
- (1) Dome (sunroof only), (2) Visor Vanity, (2) License Plate, (2) Rear Reading - #194 bulbs
- (2) Front Map Lights - #194 bulbs
- (2) Courtesy Door - #194 bulbs
- (1) Shifter - #74 bulb
- (1) Glove Box - #74 bulb
- (2) 27-LED Reverse Light (link is to 36 since the 27 is no longer being sold)
- (2) 7W 20 High Power LED Rear Turn Signal (requires LED flasher module or load resistors)
- (2) Type 2 SWACK 60-LED Front Turn Signal (requires LED flasher module or load resistors)
- Cathode Trunk Light Kit

Quick Reply: Rear turn signal bulbs and LED replacements

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands