Proposed tweaks to the FAQ (setting up for 2.3)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 03:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Proposed tweaks to the FAQ (setting up for 2.3)

It's been a few months since the FAQ was last refreshed.
I'd like to ask any of the forum regulars to glance at the FAQ with an eye towards:
  • Correcting any inaccuracies
  • Improving the wording on certain topics to achieve better clarity
  • Reducing the wordiness on explanations that are too long or complex
  • Adding in topics that are either relevant or have been frequently addressed in the forums. Some topics that I think could be included would be:
    • HVAC system including the ECO button, why it turns on and off, when the car toggles to recirculate, effect of using the Air Conditioner or heat with respect to user mileage, etc.
    • Noises and smells (all of which are normal, according to the manual) with an emphasis on the sounds that users hear, and when
    • Tire choice and air pressure with an eye towards user experiences
    • etc.
I realize some of these topics have been covered, briefly, in the current FAQ, but maybe a slightly more detailed discussion could benefit new users. For example the FAQ deals with the AC as follows
Your mileage will increase...
  • ...when the air conditioner or heater is set to off
If anyone has any suggestions or improvements not mentioned here, please feel free to chime in. I am certainly not looking forward to editing 'the beast', but luckily for me, I am the only one who can, so it's my responsibility. The editing will be mine...the content is yours, so please help out and provide input.
As a guideline, I think the FAQ should be as informative as possible, using as few words as possible, since it should be a quick reference guide that will address many of the concerns of the new users. With that in mind, please reply to this post with your ideas.
Thanks (I think)!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Proposed tweaks to the FAQ (setting up for 2.3)

I'd like to see some info about & how to achieve 'heretical/energy recirc mode"

Old 08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Professional Hacker

Why not use the Wiki for the FAQ?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Maybe a restricted sub-section for repairs and remediation that are inherently performed in poor taste due to the organic nature of the failure mode.

--Just Sayin'--

Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by McGyver
Maybe a restricted sub-section for repairs and remediation that are inherently performed in poor taste due to the organic nature of the failure mode.

--Just Sayin'--

huh?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Intrus
huh?
Give it a minute. You were on that thread too.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Professional Hacker

OOOOooohhhh LOL It's been a BAD morning already. I'm on auto-pilot still.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Larry,

The pdf file that shows dealer customizable settings shows that the dealer can make it to enable the moonroof to be remotely opened (which is NOT true). (Referenced in FAQ at: "Battery Questions / Can I change the settings for the headlight auto off timer?")

If desired, I can convert this file into a WORD document and either delete that portion of the table or mark it some way to indicate that the "feature" is not available.

I could then send the document back to you in either a pdf, word or almost any other other format so you could perform future editing as required.

Last edited by JHSmith; 08-08-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Larry,

The pdf file that shows dealer customizable settings shows that the dealer can make it to enable the moonroof to be remotely opened (which is NOT true).
You're saying that this PDF is wrong? Isn't that a Toyota document? (I'm not going to ask how, what looks like an internal copyrighted company document, ended up on a public forum).
I am not the arbiter of what's right or wrong on the FAQ, I'm just the guy who was stupid enough to start the project, which means I'm the one (and only one) member who can edit the beast.
If any of the members of this forum have an issue with any aspect of the FAQ, their concerns will be edited in.
In this situation, however, the FAQ links to a post created by member mikeyboyblue. Since I can't edit his post, I think it best for you to PM him and discuss the possible error in the document that he posted and ask that he include whatever tweaks or edits you deem necessary.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Professional Hacker

John is correct - The remote Windows/Sunroof is an XLE option, NOT a Hybrid option. The document is a universal document, but it should indicate that the option is not available to the Hybrid owners.

Quick Reply: Proposed tweaks to the FAQ (setting up for 2.3)

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands