Price Paid for TCH

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Price Paid for TCH

In the Washington DC area, these things are preselling many weeks in advance. I couldn't get anyone to promise they'd get it prior to the Sept. 30 tax credit time. In fact not one of the I called, including all the dealers in Northern VA and MD, and then all from Richmond on up in Virginia, even had a fully loaded TCH on their radar that I could put a hold on. I finally found one south of Richmond some 120-140 miles away. They only had it because someone stopped waiting and got something else instead.

Needless to say, I didn't get any price lowering. I paid $30,500 for a fully loaded TCH. This didn't seem like too much as some in DC were quoting as much as $32,500 (Lustine Toyota in Woodbridge, for instance) and others were quoting $31,500. The leather models seem insanely scarce right now, at least in this area. After September 30th passes, I'm guessing things will die down.

Old 09-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast

Out here in Colorado, I couldn't find a loaded one anywhere..... Looks like there are
no mega dealerships out here. What I hear is everything is presold...

If you know any loaded ones in Colorado, NM, KS, WY, I would love to hear...

--- GM

Old 09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here is my deal for a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Titanium Metallic/Ash Leather for an OTD $32,500 (MSRP $31,099.00) to be delivered by 9/28/06 with the following options:

CQAT (Comfort & Convenience Package)
LAAT (Leather Package Includes: Power Driver)
NVAT (Navigation w/ JBL Premium Audio 4-Disc)
SRAT (Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof)
MG30 (Splashguards - Color Keyed)
PV50 (Carpet Mats and Trunk Mats)
XY40 (Toyoguard Protection Group)

I still can not believe it, as I almost gave up my fight to get a TCH before 9/30/06... I have already given $500 refundable deposit and I will keep calling him to make sure it is not presold...

Last edited by agnosto; 09-08-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Enthusiast

We just bought our THC last Sat! I'm still so hyped up about it!

We were trying to get either a Magnetic Gray or a Blue THC, and we were actually willing to take the 1300 tax cut to get the color we wanted after Sept 30th. We looked at about 8 different dealerships in the Seattle area, and only one offered below MSRP. It wasn't much ($200), and they're further away than the rest, but at least they were up front about it.

One dealer said they were selling at MSRP, but wanted a $500 for their VIP service package which gave me 1 free oil change and guaranteed me free loaners at their dealership, ( Can someone say RIP OFF?? ) let me pay you for future service that every other dealer already does for free. Another dealer wanted $1,000 over MSRP, and the rest all wanted MSRP.

Of course we all know the dealer's aren't hurting to get these cars off the lots. The only ones we ever got to see were already sold.

We finally went about 100 miles away to visit the parents, and stopped by the local dealership. They wanted MSRP for the only THC they had on the lot.

MSRP $30,036 ----- PAID $28,036 (Plus they gave my wife's dad $100 because he told us to go there.)

Barcelona Red w/
*Ash Gray Leather Comfort Conv Package
*Sunroof package
*5 piece mats
*Spoiler
*Bumper aplique
*Cargo net
*RS3200 Alarm

We sat down with the dealer to see if there were any other colors in the area they could pull from another dealer, but no luck!

I was fine with red, not my first choice but I finally felt waiting for a Mag Gray or Blue was not worth $1300. Big problem, my wife wanted to wait for another color, and she's not really partial to leather (she wanted fabric seats).

My wife and I kept talking about the whether she'd be ok with a brand new Red car with leather to save $1300. After a bit, the manager comes over and asks what we decided. All my wife could talk about his how much she HATES Red, and HATES Leather (apparently she isn't fond of red)!

He asked us if we would buy the car if he took $1,000 below MSRP.

I had no hesitation what so ever!!!!!!!!!! Yes I'm ready to take this car for $1,000 below MSRP. My wife, still didn't want to. She knew it didn't make sense to pass up $2300 total savings cuz she wanted a different color and no leather. All I could see was less car for more money if we said no!

He then offered me $1,000 more than any of the dealers would for my trade in and I didn't even have it with me (2001 V6 Accord in great shape, but cracked windshield, and needs new tires.)

All I can say is it took $3,300 in savings to get my wife to agree to a Red THC with Leather!

Now we both love the car, (well she's still warming up to the Red & leather)!

Sorry for such a long story, but I just never heard of anything like it for a car they can't keep on the lot.

Old 09-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Advanced Technology-PZEV

Originally Posted by PolarBear
Sorry for such a long story, but I just never heard of anything like it for a car they can't keep on the lot.
So this was a story? not an actual event? lol

Old 09-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Enthusiast

Wow.... Congrats! .... now that is a deal..... Probably the record best.

A Jim Cramer 'boo-lee-yaaaaa'

The rest of us are 'RED' with envy.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clipper
Wow.... Congrats! .... now that is a deal..... Probably the record best.

A Jim Cramer 'boo-lee-yaaaaa'

The rest of us are 'RED' with envy.

Thanks!
We're just greatful for such an unexpected deal!

It's insane to see this car almost double my V6 Accord's gas mileage, and still have the similar pickup. I just dropped it off to the dealer yesterday for the trade, and was still sad to see it go even though the TCH is better in so many ways.

Old 09-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Wannabe Enthusiast

Back to the original question, it looks like our TCH will be delivered on 28th September, just under the wire. Keeping our fingers crossed. Here's what we're getting:

MSRP is $30, 779 plus TT&L. At this point, OTD will $32,971.

Here's the breakdown...

FFEA FE 50 State Emissions

FHMA HM Heated Power Outside Mirrors

FSRA SR Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof w/ Dual
Illuminated Visor Vanity Mirrors and Rear
Personal Reading Lamps
P9C3 L2 Leather Interior Upgrade
Incl: Leather Faced Seat
Liquicell Comfort Technology
Power Lumbar Support - Passenger

P90F F0 The Extra Mile Option Package F
Rear Spoiler
Carpet Mat Set (5 pc)
Carpet Floor Mats
Rear Trunk Mat
RS 3200 Plus Security System
Trunk Organizer
First Aid Kit
Fabric Guard
Custom Tape Stripe
Wheel Locks
No Charge Extra Mile Benefits:
Road Hazard Tire Warranty (3 Years / 36,000 Miles)
Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)
Extra Mile Extended Life Tires (6 Yrs/100,000 Miles)

P91M F1 VIP Sales Follow-Up

P928 PV Permavin/Glass Etch & Limited Warranty

P931 P4 Vehicle Shield Package
Lusterizing Sealant
Sound Shield
Sealant Cleaner
Rental Car Assistance

P94M I1 PDS - Pre Delivery Services

P987 G1 Vehicle Fueling (4 Gal.)

It's not quite what I'd have ordered, and there's some fluff in there that we'll negotiate. I was happy to find one in Metallic Grey with leather seats and without the NAV. The rest is detail....heck, I'll take heated mirrors even in Texas if we can get it before the 30th.

Reading this posting and others, it seems we're paying average or just a bit above. So presuming it gets here on time, we'll sit down and try to get some accessories thrown in: side moulding, door sill guards, exhaust time, sunroof wind defelector, tinting, extra key fob...whatever else we can conjure up.

Anybody got suggestions? What options or accessories did you get thrown in? What have you found particularly useful? Thanks...

Old 09-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I was not forced to accept ANY unwanted PIO accessories and got EXACTLY what I wanted which did not include any PIO accessories. The did throw in an extra SmartKey Fob at no charge.
J

Old 09-18-2006, 05:12 PM
WVGasGuy

MSRP is $30, 779 plus TT&L.

I've never had to deal with the PIO options but I have found over many years that options depreciate faster than the car. The extras added to this car are items many of you are stuck with in certain geographical areas reguardless of desire. I don't really consider them part of the MSRP unless they are printed on the factory sticker and factory invoice. Basically if KBB and EDMUNDS don't give "extra" credit for these things then come trade in time they are give away items, similar to aftermarket wheels, custom stereos and other add ons. Buyers many desire these things but dealers, if you're trading will seldom give significant credit for add on items.

I'm not sure why you didn't want NAV but my MSRP was only 30,589 WITH NAV (and all other factory options)

I didn't have any taxes because in WV you only pay on the difference. I got a $500 discount, a $2600 FED Tax Credit and a $3750 State Tax Credit. So I guess I've got a little less than $24K in a loaded TCH. Pretty satisfying, especially as I approach the big 39 MPG mark

Quick Reply: Price Paid for TCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands