Price Paid for TCH

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Price Paid for TCH

For those who live in Southern California, were you able to get the car for less than MSRP?

If so, how much below MSRP?

Old 08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
An Enthusiast
Default Re: Price Paid for TCH

Originally Posted by H2O Doctor
For those who live in Southern California, were you able to get the car for less than MSRP?

You might want to check http://www.hybridcars.com/pricepulse/index.php, which seems to have the most data on hybrid pricing (although not as much as you might want; check other models too, such as the Prius, to get a better idea of MSRP-based pricing).

Don't trust the figures at Edmunds -- they were showing about $1500 over MSRP in MA, but you can get them under MSRP in this area.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't roll on Shabbos

Originally Posted by H2O Doctor

Hey Dave -

I've not found any dealerships in the greater L.A./O.C./Inland Emprire area willing to sell below MSRP. Of course, I wanted the fully loaded model and was completly unwilling to compromise on color/interior/features.

As you and I already know, Carson loves to slap on the premium because of their supposed high inventory.....of base models, mostly. I tried going the Costco-pricing route at Longo, but they literally already had an invoice printed for me w/ MSRP when I arrived after 8 weeks of waiting. When I inquired about Costco pricing, my rep said it "didn't exist" for that car....even though I've read posts on the Edmunds boards there are dealers who are letting it go for $500 below MSRP. My feeling is that you might <emphasis on might> be able to get a base model at this price, since (from what I hear and have read) 70-80% of the shipments from Japan are this trim level.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast

I bought mine at Puente Hills Toyota at MSRP with no add ons. I also was not willing to compromise on the navigation or the color. Carson had the car I wanted but they wanted a $3000 premium and that's from their fleet sales department. I also went to Longo via Costco route. I submitted my request 6 weeks ago. Their fleet manager called me 2 days ago telling me that the car I wanted will be arriving in 2 weeks. So if anybody is looking for a Magnetic Gray Camry Hybrid with leather and Navigation, you might want to call Longo Toyota. They should be getting one soon that I turned down. By the way, their price was also MSRP even with the costco membership.

Old 08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Enthusiast

Last night I was offered a base model THC at $100 below MSRP at Hamer Toyota in Mission Hills through the Costco price.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Enthusiast

I paid $29,000 for a fully loaded white Camry. The only thing I dont have is a wing and premium wheels. They wanted $32,000 for it.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There is nobody in central CA selling below MSRP except for the one dealer associated to the Costco program, and they are only giving $100 to Costco people. Except they have a 1-month wait list which would not get me a car in time before the full tax credit expired (looking like Aug 30 for the expiration date). I paid MSRP for a base model (no options except mats) last week in Salinas, CA. I got lucky because it was a pre-ordered car that the buyer cancelled on, and it was being dropped the same day I happened to call, so I bought it right over the phone. There are no hybrids sitting on the lots here in CentralCA, they all get presold before arrival, or are sold within 24hrs. Before I got mine, I actually saw another one at 5pm that had not even gone into dealer prep yet but was hesitant about the color, and when I called back at 8am to purchase the car, it was already gone.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:40 PM
Enthusiast

There's a dealer here in AB that sells below MSRP for the TCH.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Enthusiast

Toyota of Hollywood has been advertising TCH base for below $ 25000 (until today, went up another $500). This is still below MSRP. They had 5 last weekend when I was there, and probably less now. Anyhow, they are clearing out base because they want to create interests in the car. But they are selling TCH w/NAV at MSRP (with waitlist). Seems like most people want TCH w/NAV (me included). I would too because the base is too plain jane (looks just like any regular Camrys, and has no good display for HSD, power, etc. info). Hope this help you guys get some great deals.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Enthusiast

We got ours at MSRP and the dealer has a policy to not negotiate on that. It was well worth it, though. Love that car!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for TCH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands