A stock unmodified TCH
76.92%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Pre-goodbye poll

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Camry Freak
Default Re: Pre-goodbye poll

Personally, I wouldn't buy one with the springs, sub, or lower body spoilers. It sends a message to me that the car was abused/raced (even a hybrid).

The rims, and everything else would be okay with me... but I would like the possibility of using the original rims... especially knowing the price of the 18" tires.

Although, I don't think you will have any problem at all selling a Camry hybrid right now. The market is in extremely short supply, so you should have buyers lining up.

You might consider putting it on Ebay as-is, with a reserve price. You might get even more than you expect for it.

Good luck, and you'll definately be missed!

Old 08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Flopshot,
I am also sorry to hear you are departing since I believe you are one of the last original TCHers on this list.

I voted for the stock car. While some of the mods might put me off, I just really prefer the Barcelona Red to Desert Sand Mica!

Driving a minivan is a big change from the TCH. My previous car was Toyota's Previa replaced by the Sienna model. What I miss about it is the cargo capacity and sitting up higher than I do in the TCH/Prius cars. You adjust after awhile and it sounds like since this being driven by family needs. Once the kids are grown, you will be able to get a fun car again in say 10-15 years.

Safe Driving!

Karen

Old 08-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

I am sorry to see you go as you tend to "take the point" on lots of mods...I have greatly appreciated your input.

As far as buying a modded or unmodded TCH I think most buyers want a TCH by Toyota, not a TCH by Joe owner. When I see mods like yours I tend to think abuse...not fair but the way it is... Plus potential warranty issues due to the mods at dealers are also a concern... And if your potential buyer needs a loan the odds are the lender will not go above book value to cover those mod costs...

Good Luck....

Old 08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Thanks everyone for the feedback and votes. It is overwhelmingly (28-7) in favor of the stock TCH. Therefore, I've listed my car as-is on several websites (cars.com, autotrader, ebay, craigslist) and will see what the initial results are. But based on this poll, I'm already preparing for spending a whole weekend in the garage to return the car to stock form.

p.s. if I sell the car thru a referral from this website, I will reward a finders fee to the referring person! ($500 if I get my asking price, or $250 if sold for less).

FlopShot

Old 08-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

I can't believe you're going from a TCH to a Minivan.

Well, I actually can...we did the exact OPPOSITE going from our beloved '04 Sienna XLE LTD to the loaded TCH in early July. We just did not need the Minivan anymore.

Good luck selling your TCH.