Possibly my last fog light question :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Possibly my last fog light question :)

Got my fog lights from the guy on ebay. Plan on installing them today. I've read nearly every post on fog lights and know that the red wire is connected to the left low beam fuse. Where does the white wire go? If its connected to the battery, the battery on my TCH is in the trunk so ain't no way I can run a wire that far. What can I connect it to under the hood? Do I connect it to another fuse thats hot all the time? If so, which one do you suggest? Thanks ahead of time. Will post pics when I'm done.

Frank

Old 07-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Possibly my last fog light question :)

I attached the white wire to the center lug in the fuse box inside the engine compartment. If you remove the fuse cover, it is in the center. Crimp a round terminal connector to the white wire, remove the nut on the lug, and then re-install with the connector. Good luck!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Possibly my last fog light question :)

There is a post under the fuse box cover under the hood to draw battery power to the relay. It is the feed from the battery in the trunk. It is about in the middle of the fuse box. I believe it is a 10mm nut on it. I put a circular connector on the end of the extension I added to the battery hot lead, ran it up from the bottom of the fuse box, you will see an opening next to the nut. Bent it 90 degrees and hooked it under the nut. This kept everything out of the way to reinstall the fuse box cover. I'm trying to remember what colors went where when I installed mine..I wired mine to a switch I added in the dash so I can turn them on when I want. I have pics, but haven't found an easy way to post them. I also put the 15A fuse next to the fuse box under the hood in an upright position and wire tied it the other wires right in front of the fuse box for accessibility. I either put wire loom or tape on all my wires to help protect them. I installed the relay behind the drivers side headlight in the opening above the fog light.

Black of course was ground. I soldered the blacks together and grounded them on the bolt behind the air cleaner where the factory ground was. I would have to see the wires because I can't remember where to hook them now. I should have made notes, I know it was self explanitory when you looked at the wiring harness. Sorry I can't help more, I will think on it and try to remember what I hooked where.

There should be a previous post in the forum that would help with this also.

Hope this helped some.