View Poll Results: What color TCH do you own (or hope to own)?
Jasper Pearl
7.49%
Super White
13.86%
Desert Sand Mica
11.61%
Titanium
16.10%
Barcelona Red
12.36%
Magnetic Grey
25.47%
Blue Ribbon
13.11%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: What color TCH do you own?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Poll: What color TCH do you own?

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
I wonder why they are not offering black as an option in the US if they are offering black as an option in Canada?
Black is a really nice contrast to snow.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

I notice the B-pillars are body colored in Canada, not in the US. Why would they do that? I would image they would make all camrys as similar as possible to cut costs. It's very clear on the red and beige.

http://www.toyota.ca/

Originally Posted by Ladybug
Yes its a hybrid. Black is an option here in Canada.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 AM

While I like a lot of the other cars from an aesthetics standpoint, there is one primary reason I wanted the Desert Sand Mica. DIRT!!! I have a lot of pollen and dirt blowing around at my workplace, which then gets pasted to the car by the morning fog, and the Desert Sand really doesn't show the dirt too much. I didn't wash the car for two weeks, and although you could tell it was dirty from the windshield (I have to use the wipers every day to clear the stuff that collects while I'm in the office), you couldn't see it on the body. However, a fellow employee who just got a BMR has to deal with the water spots and dust showing on her car every day.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lem144
I notice the B-pillars are body colored in Canada, not in the US. Why would they do that? I would image they would make all camrys as similar as possible to cut costs. It's very clear on the red and beige.

http://www.toyota.ca/
Pardon my ignorance, but what are B-Pillars?

Old 08-22-2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by B-Red-TCH
The A-pillars are the pillars between the windshield and the front door. The B-pillars is the solid bar between the front and rear doors. The C-pillar is the pillar between the back door and the rear window.

Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lem144
If you're going by the image in the "Colour" configurator, I think that's simply an error. It looks like someone forgot to mask out the B-pillar as an area to which the color should not be applied. If you go to the Multimedia Gallery and check out the 360° exterior view you'll see black B-pillars on a Titanium Camry.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ladybug
Yes its a hybrid. Black is an option here in Canada.
I think I would have ordered black if it were an option here. I got the closest thing - magnetic grey.

Old 08-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

Middle pillars between the front and rear doors. On US Camry's they are black, but on Canadian Camrys apparently they are painted. And look cheap.

Originally Posted by B-Red-TCH

Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dalerb
If you're going by the image in the "Colour" configurator, I think that's simply an error. It looks like someone forgot to mask out the B-pillar as an area to which the color should not be applied. If you go to the Multimedia Gallery and check out the 360° exterior view you'll see black B-pillars on a Titanium Camry.
I just tried the configurator, and it looks to me like the the B-pillars are black, regardless of the color you choose.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spiff72
I just tried the configurator, and it looks to me like the the B-pillars are black, regardless of the color you choose.
I was referring to the configurator at Toyota's Canadian site (http://www.toyota.ca/). You'll see the B-pillars in colour there. Note the Canadian spelling: colour.

Quick Reply: Poll: What color TCH do you own?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands