Old 12-22-2007, 06:18 PM
sgv
Enthusiast
Default Re: Poll on TCH Windshield Crack

Mine cracked at 1 1/2 months.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast

My '08 TCH seems to be a rock magnet! One came out of nowhere and luckily hit the body upright just a hair off the driver's side of the windshield. That left a mark/ding.
Then not long afterwards I took a direct hit just below eye level; insurance glass plan took care of it with the injected resin repair.
No, I'm not tailgating or off-roading

Old 12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

Purchased my 07 50th Anniversary Hybrid some 1500 miles from my home and while driving home on the 3rd day got a windshield chip on the right upper side. Got the chip injected with repair resin and after 6 months seems to be holding the chip from a creeping crack. Car hits 5000 miles tomorrow and is exactly 6 months old and it will be in for it's first oil change and a fix (TSB) for squeeky brakes at 8:15AM

Old 12-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Enthusiast

4 Months in, I got my first crack driving home for the holidays. It's a small bulls eye about 1/2 inch across. I'm going to take it and have it fixed before it spreads.

Old 12-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Enthusiast

First crack - 8 weeks; stress crack starting in lower right corner.
Dealer will replace under warranty with original Toyota factory glass. Will want to make sure it is the special sound dampening windshield for the 08 TCH.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:03 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I'm REALLLLLLY curious to hear from those who've replaced the TCH glass with conventional Camry glass and notice any significant difference.
Can you actually HEAR any difference?
Has the conventional replacement glass developed any cracks or other imperfections?

Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Camry Freak

Just had mine replaced, although it was not at all the windshield's fault. It was hit very hard by a chunk of asphalt that was thrown up by a truck. No windshield would have survived it.

Replacement cost: $1,113.95
Although I only paid $250, with the insurance company settling with the glass company for the rest.

They did install the correct glass.

Last edited by 07CamHybrid; 02-29-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07CamHybrid
Replacement cost: $1,113.95
Although I only paid $250, with the insurance company settling with the glass company for the rest.

They did install the correct glass.
Wow I would think so at that price.

I was quoted at the dealership here in Calgary about $675 for a replacement windshield for the hybrid, installed at a local glass company they use.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Enthusiast

I was doing a test drive at the dealership on a std. V6 Camry and a small rock hit the windscreen and cracked it. It wasn't even a hard hit or large rock, just a small hit, salesman was with too, he didn't seem to surprised, must happen all the time. The glass they use for the Camry must be junk. I have owned Audis forever and am amazed at the impact they'll take. i drive a lot of miles in a year and have taken some VERY LARGE rock hits in the Audi and can't believe it doesn't cave the windscreen in. Never changed out a windshield in an Audi yet. Told my wife to be very careful with this new TCH as it is a know issue the the glass is very weak and can't take anything for rock hits. We live on a gravel road too. The Toyota folks could learn something from the Audi glass.

Quick Reply: Poll on TCH Windshield Crack

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands