Please HELP! Radio/Navi Look-a-like - which one?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Please HELP! Radio/Navi Look-a-like - which one?

Or, you can bag the Toyota system, and for another $1000 ( ), get the latest car-based PC from Azentek.

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/41/146/

I just read about these from cnet.com and pcmag.com, who are both covering CES 2008 right now. It's a full Intel dual core PC, with a 120 GB hard drive, and a touch screen. It's got bluetooth, and wi-fi (skype/VOIP calls?), a PC card slot for mobile broadband internet, built in GPS, a 4x50 watt amplifier, AM/FM radio (satellite ready), plus a USB port in front, and a DVI output in the back. Not to mention the OBD II and CANbus interfaces available. It's a double DIN unit, which means it should fit in the opening where the NAV unit would go.

I'm pretty sure there are other manufacturers as well. This might be an alternative to the factory/non-factory debate.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finbib
Or, you can bag the Toyota system, and for another $1000 ( ), get the latest car-based PC from Azentek.

http://www.azentekonline.com/cms/content/view/41/146/

I just read about these from cnet.com and pcmag.com, who are both covering CES 2008 right now. It's a full Intel dual core PC, with a 120 GB hard drive, and a touch screen. It's got bluetooth, and wi-fi (skype/VOIP calls?), a PC card slot for mobile broadband internet, built in GPS, a 4x50 watt amplifier, AM/FM radio (satellite ready), plus a USB port in front, and a DVI output in the back. Not to mention the OBD II and CANbus interfaces available. It's a double DIN unit, which means it should fit in the opening where the NAV unit would go.

I'm pretty sure there are other manufacturers as well. This might be an alternative to the factory/non-factory debate.
That's cool.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Enthusiast

I hope you asked the question - What does "will not work the same" really mean??? What's different?

Originally Posted by gfichten
My dealer just called and said that he ordered the navigation unit from one of his aftermarket suppliers and this is going to be "the same unit as in factory installed Toyota Camry Hybrid" or at least "will work the same".

The dealer seems to be very cooperative since I didn't pay them yet and didn't take possession of the car. They also probably need to close books

I ill report back if this worked.

Thank you for all your help!

Old 01-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Based on my experience with the factory nav/bluetooth I would respectfully suggest that you save your money. Toyota does not have the ability to repair these systems. Imo you would be better served with a Garmin that you can download updates for rather than the outdated stuff Toyota put's out. Regards the bluetooth, go with the ear piece and be done with it.