Plasma Cluster up for Best New Technology Award

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Plasma Cluster up for Best New Technology Award

From a Toronto Star Report:-

"TOYOTA ION GENERATOR

The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE and Hybrid include a Plasma Cluster Ion Generator.

Don't laugh! This is not a 3 a.m. TV infomercial.

It's part of the vehicles' HVAC air-filtration systems. And Toyota is adamant that the system, developed in conjunction with Sharp, provides real benefits in terms of cleaner air.

Ions are electrically charged particles that occur naturally in locales such as the base of a waterfall. They adhere to bacteria, mould, fungi and various allergens, effectively smothering them and rendering them harmless.

Toyota's Plasma Cluster Ion Generator artificially creates positive and negative ions and discharges them through the left-side instrument panel vent outlet.

As anecdotal verification of the system's effectiveness, according to Toyota, the mould on a slice of mouldy bread left in a vehicle so equipped died rather than spreading.

The company points out, however, that the system only assists in controlling germs, allergens and the like; it does not eliminate them."

To see details of the other 7 contenders see:-

http://www.thestar.com:80/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1162507816550&call_pag eid=970599119419

Last edited by Paulgw; 11-05-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:52 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Plasma Cluster up for Best New Technology Award

I guess I just cleaned out my TCH today for nothin'