PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Along for the ride.....
Default Re: PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

I think it was a ploy to get in the HOV lanes.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:31 PM
Professional Hacker

Originally Posted by jg013c
So which option package includes the rat?
LOL! It INCLUDES a car salesman??

Old 08-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Hawaiian

rat, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, and sesame seed oil. Set grill to 350 Deg. grill for 6 min on each side and rest for 3 min. serve with a med bodied merlot.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Definitely not bad taste. The title of the thread had sufficient warning, and both my wife and I got a good laugh out of the pictures. And of course I felt very sorry for all the labor of taking apart the entire dash and putting it back together.

I do agree that you could have kept everything in a single thread. No biggie though IMHO...

Old 08-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Insipid Enthusiast

Not all people from NJ are wound like that, although I could be wrong, see my previous post on the subject here=>https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...33/index3.html

Old 08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
it's just a car...

Yes, that's a rat all right -- I should never have doubted you. Thanks for posting the story and images.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

As to the frequencies theory, does the TCH put out "frequencies" when it is off? Or would the rat be so attracked when you start it up that it would jump on? Only asking because we have little mice in our garage at times and I do not think I would feel comfortable ripping apart the car if we get one in ours.
As for poor taste, the rat committed suicide, couldn't you let him die with dignity? LOL. All of those tabloid shots! Laurie

Old 08-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Enthusiast

My best guess would be that the high frequencies come from the inverter electronics, so it may be a matter of whether or not power is maintained to part of the inverter circuitry even when the car is off. If it remains powered then it may continue to emit even when it's not being driven.

Which would make sense (if my theory on the inverter is correct) as rats are hardly going to be able to get into your car while it's moving

Old 08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The inverters only run when the motor-generator(s) are turning. The boost converter and dc-to dc converter likely run all the time the car is "on." The switching frequencies used are 1.25, 2.5, 5, and 10 kHz.

Stan

Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogzen
As to the frequencies theory, does the TCH put out "frequencies" when it is off? Or would the rat be so attracked when you start it up that it would jump on? Only asking because we have little mice in our garage at times and I do not think I would feel comfortable ripping apart the car if we get one in ours.
As for poor taste, the rat committed suicide, couldn't you let him die with dignity? LOL. All of those tabloid shots! Laurie

One more mitigating factor... This guy became a squatter in my car on the night of the 29th. Late morning on the 29th, we had a good sized earthquake roll through here with and epicenter 5 miles away. He probably just freaked out and was looking for some news digs, with a suspension system.

Quick Reply: PICTURES of the Rat Mobile. "Viewer Discretion Advised"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands