Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

hi im looking at a hybrid, and wondering what you paid for yours in ontario, canada, or anywhere in canada, price in ont is $31900 plus frieght+ taxes
i was thinking $35600 tax in, am i crazy?
thaks
dan

Old 03-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Originally Posted by camrydan
hi im looking at a hybrid, and wondering what you paid for yours in ontario, canada, or anywhere in canada, price in ont is $31900 plus frieght+ taxes
i was thinking $35600 tax in, am i crazy?
thanks
dan
Along with the original question how much did you get from the Ontario Government in the form of a rebate?

Was it $1,000, $2,000 or something in between?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Enthusiast

It's my understanding that we Ontario folks would get $2,000 from Provincial, $1,500 from Federal. Keeping in mind that I haven't gone through the policies with a fine tooth comb or anything...

My wife and I are also looking for a Hybrid, and the TCH is the one we both fell in love with. We're now just trying to figure out how to get the dealers to sell us one for a managable price...

Old 03-24-2007, 12:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
so far a mississauga a and a burlington dealer seem to be interested in selling cars, they are getting closer(wont qoute until its for sure)
others, wont say the name will only take $850 off price, and i also have to spend $300 on window etching! no thanks
dan
i rec you al use the internet, email dealers, say you want the car at a price you want to spend, in time, it will work out, and cost nothing, looks like dealers think you dont anything, just write a cheque and be happy!.. not!

Old 03-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

hi
not much luck on the price budging, any else? please let me know what you paid, about $1000 off msrp is the most i can get, so far
thanks
dan

Old 03-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid? i have a qoute now!

hi
ok best i can get is $31900 plus taxes(14%) so $36366 tax in, of course then you can apply for provincial($2000 max) and federal tax($1500) breaks, this price does away with any freight/delivery and air taxes as such
i talked to rick holton at brimelltoyota, in toronto, sheppard and markham rd area
-he rec getting cars VIN etched for $299, but i would not be doing this

i have asked him to post his name, and has agreed
mention you heard from DAN about this price
thanks
rholton@brimelltoyota.com is the website
i have to sell my 2003 mini cooper s first, as the trade in value isnt all that hot, im asking $25k for my car, with 24k on it
thanks

Old 03-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Enthusiast

Hey, CamryDan - have you checked around with any of the other dealers? Since $31,900 is the MSRP, it sounds as though he's just saving you the $1241 freight/delivery charge. I'd be interested to see what would happen if you probed the other dealers from Burlington to Coburgh, or even out here in Ottawa to see who wants to make the sale more than the others. The nice thing about getting your first numbers in writing from the salesweasels is that you can then use that to smack down the OTHER salesweasels...

I'm about a step behind you on the purchase adventure. I've been driving a '96 Grand Am for the past 10 years, and I'm currently going through the difficult (to me) process of trying not to get hosed on a new car deal. It's exciting and terrifying, isn't it?

Old 03-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
this is the best and ive emailed several dealers in the toronto area
but if everybody tries a few dealers, who know, at least wehave a starting point
but nobody has chimed in with what they paid yet and where
thanks
dan
i have good prices on le and se v6s, but they dont budge much on the hybrid, but other models dont have the $$ incentives the govt is offering

Old 03-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camrydan
hi
this is the best and ive emailed several dealers in the toronto area
but if everybody tries a few dealers, who know, at least wehave a starting point
but nobody has chimed in with what they paid yet and where
thanks
dan
i have good prices on le and se v6s, but they dont budge much on the hybrid, but other models dont have the $$ incentives the govt is offering
I'll post my results in this thread once the missus and I take the plunge - we know the MSRP, and we know the wholesale price, so we're hoping to find a happy ground in between where the price and the financing don't kill us... but if nobody can meet our expectations, we'll have to rethink...

Edit - In case it helps, the current Wholesale price on the TCH is $29,208.00 (Cdn) - that's a hefty dealer markup, to $31,900... I think you got a really good start by getting him to cover the freight ($1,241) - but I'm hoping we can squeeze it a little further...

Last edited by Mr_Squeaks; 03-25-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
please let us know what they offer, any current owners, what did you pay? and where?
thanks
dan

Last edited by camrydan; 03-25-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands