Only base model and no Jasper Pearl at toyota.com???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Only base model and no Jasper Pearl at toyota.com???

I just wanted to check the correct spelling of the color because for some reason I keep writing it as 'pearle'...and guess what! According to toyota.com, when you go into the 'build it yourself' area...not only is there only the base model available, but there is no Jasper Pearl(e)! Wonder what's up? Is this because of production shift to Kentucky or just a screwup on the website...pretty big one either way.

(I also posted this under the 'it's green' topic, but decided this was 'worthy' of its own topic of speculation...!)

Old 11-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Only base model and no Jasper Pearl at toyota.com???

I also found no option packages available. Just the Option Combination #A - 50 State Emissions. However, I did find Jasper Pearl. There were 8 exterior colors shown. Jasper Peal was the leftmost one on the bottom row.

I'm at zip 23322, that may make a difference.

As far as no options I think that they're web designers's QA is not up to their cars' QA.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Enthusiast

We found the same problem with toyota.com when we were trying to compare the TCH and the HAH. Didn't matter much, the dealer where my son works said they were receiving them only one of two ways, basic or fully loaded. We opted for the fully loaded and haven't looked back since. Took 6 weeks to get it.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Enthusiast

I had the same problem in Virginia (22554). My dealer also told me I could not get the combinations I wanted. I was telling my brother in Florida (33480) and what do you know, everything comes up! (Even VIN#'s!) Needless to say, I ordered the car down there, just the way I wanted it. It should be in, in a few weeks. (I'll have to drive it up to VA, but I got what I wanted!)

Old 11-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Olde Farte

Works fine for me at 80538. You can also go into www.vehix.com and build/price the TCH.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, that's it...which zip code you are putting in...even now Jasper Pearl is not showing up for my area but all of the packages are! It appears that JP is not available in the Pacific Northwest...at least for the time being...yet it can be had in California...

Old 11-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yep, I can configure a jasper pearl TCH for my zip code in CT too.