One week...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default One week...

So, we've had our TCH for a week and I thought I'd share my thoughts, feelings and opinions. We now have 285 miles on the odometer and a tank average of 34mpg. I find this car a joy to drive, and I actually feel much more relaxed on my commute to work than I did in my Corolla. I think concentrating on my FE instead of "getting there" is largely responsible for my more relaxed driving attitude. I know my FE isn't up to the heights that some of you all have achieved yet, but I am confident it will be with time. This is the first tank after all.

In terms of trunk space, I have some photos to share of our shopping adventure this weekend (have to upload them off the camera later). We went to BJ's and the grocery store and had plenty of room for all of our super-sized BJ's purchases, the groceries and our son's umbrella stroller, with room to spare. True, we won't be carting a sofa in there, but the space is perfectly adequate for most everyday needs IMO.

I have heard no squeaks, or other annoying noises inside the car the few times I have not been listening to the stereo. I am enjoying the stereo immensely. My first car had only AM radio, and my Corolla only had AM/FM/Casette, so this is a serious upgrade for me. At this point I don't even miss my XM. Maybe for Christmas we will have it installed in the TCH, but with two good NPR stations (for news) within range and a large collection of CD's it's not really that necessary I suppose...

I am thrilled with the leg room in the front and the rear. I don't even have to put my seat all the way back and I still have ample space (and I'm 5'9" and have long legs). My husband does wish the TCH had seat memory, because when he drives he has to adjust it a little. I find the seats are very comfortable over all. The fabric has a nice feel.

So, that's my little review after a week. I'm sure there's more I could say, but I've already blabbered on enough.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: One week...

Thanks for the review Lilarienne. I've been waiting for over two months and mine still hasn't gone into allocation, so I'm really starving for anything to tide me over. Info from a new owner like this really helps me get through it...

Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Congrats!! I am on my second tank and I am doing much better now that I am getting adjusted to the car.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast

You know...in the owner's manual it says the smart keys can be programmed to adjust the mirrors and other things for each driver. It might be possible for it to adjust the seat for you and your husband. My husband and I also share this new car, so I would like to program that feature so we don't always have to adjust the mirrors (oddly enough we don't adjust the seat - I like to be far away from the pedal and he likes to be close, so we keep it about the same distance. But since he is much taller than me, the mirrors need to be adjusted quite a bit. Anyway, I read that the keys can be programmed to do that, so now I just have to see how.

Glad you're enjoying the new car. I'm with you on all the same points

Old 08-11-2006, 04:50 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: One week...

Lilarienne, sorry I didn't get a chance sooner to congratulate you on your purchase. Now I'll sleep better... knowing that you held out for green, and got it.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jenningspaige
in the owner's manual it says the smart keys can be programmed to adjust the mirrors

I was really overjoyed to see your quote that the smart key could be programmed to adjust the mirrors, but I can't seem to find that in the owner's manual. What page of the owner's manual is this on so I can use this function?

One thing I did find is that I could program the smart key to open all the doors from the driver's door for the entry function, instead of just the driver's door. (pg. 40)

Old 08-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Enthusiast

It's just a one liner in the smart key section toward the beginning that says the Smart Key can be programmed to do the following: (and one of those lines says automatically adjust mirrors for different drivers). It may be something the dealer has to program in for you, which stinks because no one at our local dealership seems to know much of anything about the TCH.

Old 08-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Enthusiast

I saw this in the owner's manual too and called the dealer about it who referred me to one of their technicians. He said that, unfortunately, this was a mistake in the owner's manual because the TCH does not have seat and side view mirror memory.
I didn't pursue it any further; I hope that he was wrong and that someone in this board finds out for sure if this can or cannot be done.
Or maybe we all accidently got the 2008 owners manual as this will probably be one of the new features in the next model year.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Active Enthusiast

Everything I've read indicates that no TCH has seat/mirror memory. Toyota made a few errors in TCH descriptions and pictures which show '07 features that the TCH doesn't come with - "wood-style" accents is an example. Just yesterday I saw a photo of a "TCH" interior with the yellow "wood." Well, the '07 TCH doesn't come with that.

A salesperson would sure have to study a lot to know all the variations among all Toyota models.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Enthusiast

We had a posting on this a while back. Check out this link: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-key.8152.html

Still hoping that someone finds out that memory seats/mirrors is secretly true!

Quick Reply: One week...

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands