New rear end

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New rear end

I fought the same battle as everyone else trying to get me front license bracket "for free". Disregard any prior documentation or PDS's you may have seen. Toyota sent out a TSB on July 7 (I think? I have the TSB somewhere) that specifically addresses the fact that the bracket is an optional accessory on the TCH.

And can we get back to my rear end?

Old 09-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

How long did it take you to install the trunk spoiler? Any hints? Did you get a factory or aftermarket one?

Thanks

Old 09-07-2006, 10:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It is the factory spoiler, no way was I going to mess with the aftermarket version and not having the paint match up exactly. It took me about 3hrs total, but I didn't have all the proper drill bit sizes, so that slowed me down (you need 6mm and 10mm). Also, the intructions have you drill two HUGE (3/4") holes in the inside panel of the trunk lid, just so you can have a pass-thru for your socket wrench. Turns out all I needed was a 3/8" hole big enough for my socket handle, and then I could simply put the correct socket onto the handle on the other side of the hole. Figured that out after I spent 1/2hr trying to drill the first stupid 3/4" hole. If I had to install another one, I'm sure I could do it in under 2hrs easily, without putting that nasty scratch on the car.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
It is the factory spoiler, no way was I going to mess with the aftermarket version and not having the paint match up exactly. It took me about 3hrs total, but I didn't have all the proper drill bit sizes, so that slowed me down (you need 6mm and 10mm). Also, the intructions have you drill two HUGE (3/4") holes in the inside panel of the trunk lid, just so you can have a pass-thru for your socket wrench. Turns out all I needed was a 3/8" hole big enough for my socket handle, and then I could simply put the correct socket onto the handle on the other side of the hole. Figured that out after I spent 1/2hr trying to drill the first stupid 3/4" hole. If I had to install another one, I'm sure I could do it in under 2hrs easily, without putting that nasty scratch on the car.
Thanks for the heads up. I have always put mine on my cars, but they have been Honda's. I can wire up a Honda spoiler with LED in about 1 hour. Honda puts markers inside their trunk lids showing you where to drill. Very smart, for their own people too.