Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Member

I meant this to be here.....does the 50th anniv. car have leather seats?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:25 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I don't know if I'd want it. Finger prints??

Of course you could just pull that piece off and paint it to get a "close" look :-)

But it would be cool to have some of those as add-ons...I really want to lose the blue plexiglas cover on the radio...
Looks like the blue plastic is still on the 50yr version. It just has a new bezal surrounding it.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
Looks like the blue plastic is still on the 50yr version. It just has a new bezal surrounding it.
Yes I plan to take a closer look at removing it when I get my TCH if I wont lose any important function of it. I have not been able to examine it.

Old 03-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

The seats are leather trimmed. I don't think that there is anything special about the seats--just the interior metal trim, paint and wheels.

I had my cd-changer fixed yesterday. The trim bezel was preventing it from opening. I also had XM installed at the dealership. The antenna is on the trunk lid. It would be nice if it were a cleaner factory install and used the antenna of the navigation system.

I drove my Audi to work today, and was trying to glide. I usually average about 14 mpg, but the car is a delight to drive.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:50 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by Ormond
The seats are leather trimmed. I don't think that there is anything special about the seats--just the interior metal trim, paint and wheels.

I had my cd-changer fixed yesterday. The trim bezel was preventing it from opening. I also had XM installed at the dealership. The antenna is on the trunk lid. It would be nice if it were a cleaner factory install and used the antenna of the navigation system.

I drove my Audi to work today, and was trying to glide. I usually average about 14 mpg, but the car is a delight to drive.
OUCH! They put the antenna on the trunk lid? They need to correct that. It should be mounted INSIDE the car on the rear deck. That is where mine was installed and I think the Toyota instructions specify that that is where it goes.
You have such a cool white car, it is a shame to spoil the look with the ugly XM antena.

See this thread for much discussion:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ead.php?t=8347
I have had no issues with reception so I am pleased with the inside location of the antenna.

I ran out to the parking garage and took a bad photo with my cell phone. You can still get an idea of where the antenna should be....under glass.
(Sorry for the zip file but I had no place to store it on the web)

Attached Files
File Type: zip
IMAGE_013.zip (237.2 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by wilsons66604; 03-23-2007 at 08:00 AM. Reason: I found more info RE this subject
Old 03-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Recent Hybrid convert

Originally Posted by leahbeatle
Dang, the sparkles in that paint are gorgeous!
Agreed! Very nice!

Ormond, welcome to this forum.