Need Help: Bumper Protection

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need Help: Bumper Protection

I live in the suburbs of Chicago with my 09 TCH and I've recently come across a not-so-surprising problem. Being that it is the Chicago area, I am forced to leave my TCH in street parking. My problem is that I'm already starting to get dings and scuffs from jack off's who don't know how to parallel park their vehicles yet.

As of right now, there's nothing too bad as far as damage that can't be reversed. However, I want to allieviete the problem before it gets worse. I know I can't afford the $400-500+ invisible guard detail that people have mentioned on the blog before. So I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of how to make sure that my car doesn't get beat up by idiots. Prefereably ones that are cost effective (for a broke student) and that will not take away from the beauty of a TCH (i.e. an unsightly "bra" or something)

Please let me know if you can think of anything and, if so, perhaps a link to a website that could help me out. Thanks a ton!!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Need Help: Bumper Protection

Do a search for " 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film" and find a source to buy either a pre-cut kit or bulk film. Follow the directions, take your time and you can have yours done for about 1/4 to 1/3 of what some shops are asking for this protection.

It might not look as nice as a pro job but it WILL look nicer than the scuffs that doing nothing will leave you with. Look at some of the tinting and film protection web sites for hints and tips. You might surprise yourself with how well it goes and turn it into a good sideline for a cash strapped college student.

The sites you should be looking for will be similar to this one.

http://www.empireclearshield.com/sit...95/page/626596

Last edited by GeorgiaHybrid; 09-06-2008 at 08:18 AM.