manual holder?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default manual holder?

This may seem like a stupid question... but what does everyone put their manuals etc for their car in? In the past all my other cars have come with either a leather or vinyl case where all the books etc fit into.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:40 PM
0__o
Default Re: manual holder?

My dealer supplied one.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

My dealer said they stopped supplying them. I searched (eBay, Walmart, etc.) but couldn't find one. I put it in an large envelope, not very classy, but gets the job done.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:58 AM
Enthusiast

Just bought my 09 Camry Hybrid two days ago and received a black leather holder without asking for it (San Antonio area).

Old 09-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Pragmatist

When I bought my 08 TCH, the dealer gave me the thick books for the car and the alarm, and several little booklets. But they didn't fit into the cheap plastic case, at all. He said the new book was much larger than the old one, and they didn't have new cases yet. So I have a pile of literature in the glove box. It should probably get a nice container to keep it all in one unit, but I haven't yet.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Enthusiast

I asked where my folio was during the closing of the purchase process, and they told me Toyota didn't supply them. I told my salesman that was total BS and if he couldn't find something to put it in, I wasn't going to buy the car. Miraculously, a nice leather (?) Toyota branded folio appeared.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: manual holder?

We just got our loaded TCH in July and I was shocked that it did not come with a decent folio for the manuals. EVERY vehicle I've purchased in recent memory did.

However, my dealer did put them in a thin plastic el cheapo case which suffices. Just think of the extra fuel mileage I get by not lugging around that HEAVY leather folio taking up extra space in the glove compartment.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Pragmatist

Does anybody know a source for a good (preferably leather) case that will hold the owners manual, the alarm manual, and the miscellaneous papers? A pocket for maintenance receipts would be a nice feature.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Driving in stealth mode

My '07 didn't come with one. I don't mess with them so they usually stay in new condition.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TCH80226
My dealer supplied one.

Mine too

Quick Reply: manual holder?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands