Necessary Maintenance on the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Necessary Maintenance on the TCH

I bought mine from a dealer just north of Huntsville (did not want to buy from a SET dealer) that has a lifetime powertrain warranty. They have enough common sense to state "You can perform your own maintenance as long as you adhere to the manual schedule and save your receipts". No BS, a nice sales staff and they have sold 3 cars to guys at our office even though we have 2 local dealers and have to drive for 2 hours to get there.

Old 10-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

They tried the alingment thing on me too at my 15,000 mile service. Alignment is not something that has to be done very often. I mean if your tires are not wearing unevenly or it's pulling to one side then i would bet it's good. Unless you hit something like a curb hard or a pothole. It's just another income generator for the dealer. I didn't get mine done......or the balance either.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CJO2007CamryHyb
They tried the alingment thing on me too at my 15,000 mile service. Alignment is not something that has to be done very often. I mean if your tires are not wearing unevenly or it's pulling to one side then i would bet it's good. Unless you hit something like a curb hard or a pothole. It's just another income generator for the dealer. I didn't get mine done......or the balance either.
No Nobody told me I needed an alignment. The car is pulling slightly to the right. I didnt hit anything... it just started happening. Perhaps the tires are wearing unevenly or else something is wrong...BUT it does need to be checked out I would think...

Just did Internet search and it seems many had this alignment problem with Camry...Checked my warranty booklet and found it was covered up to 12,000 miles or one year...Will have dealer service check allignment and do oil change..Will have rotation done when get inspected in December by local service.
Thanks all.............

Last edited by seaford; 10-06-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: more info