Navigation weirdness - (jogs off the highway and right back on)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Navigation weirdness - (jogs off the highway and right back on)?

I don't have the NAV, but would this help?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by skywagon

I know of at least five cases where they scream abuse and have not covered the nav screen when cracks. The customers have had to find units from wrecked vehicals on e-bay. these screens are very fragile so watch what you do with them. 7K for a new screen.
Is it really 7k for a new screen? Isn't an entire nav unit cheaper than that? (It is a $1500 option when you buy new, isn't it?).

Old 04-02-2008, 11:16 AM

I know of at least five cases where they scream abuse and have not covered the nav screen when cracks. The customers have had to find units from wrecked vehicals on e-bay. these screens are very fragile so watch what you do with them. 7K for a new screen.
Wow! Other than my friends on this forum, I don't even know five people with Toyota Nav systems. To know of five that have cracked screens and had them not covered by warranty! You must be in a Toyota service department.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Wow! Other than my friends on this forum, I don't even know five people with Toyota Nav systems. To know of five that have cracked screens and had them not covered by warranty! You must be in a Toyota service department.
Sorry, three are on Lexus vehicals, same nav unit.
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=42244

Last edited by skywagon; 04-02-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: change
Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Enthusiast

$7,000 for a Nav unit ... how can that be right?

Old 04-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by spiff72
I had picked the second choice on the 3 routes screen. I wonder if this is a "minimize" highway route, so it gets you off the highway wherever possible?
You may be onto something there. it srikes me that I also had picked the second choice. I usually take the first choice, but the second choice took a different highway than I usually take, further down the route. Hmm...

Old 04-02-2008, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by mikecism
The biggest feature I miss is that I cannot input an "Intersection" (ex. Broadway and Main); I used this all the time in my old car, but it looks like this can't be done in the TCH (only steet addresses). I could be wrong - please, someone correct me.
OK. You're corrected. Go to the second page on the Destination screen to find it. (I bet you're going to say "I didn't even know it had a second page" ).

Old 04-02-2008, 02:07 PM

Drat. I see I was beaten to the punch.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
You CAN input intersections! On the "DESTINATION" screen, in the upper right corner touch the ">1/2" button, (one/two, NOT one half!) Voila! Intersection becomes an option!

I haven't uesd this yet, but I hope this helps you.

Jeff
Cool...I knew there were smarter folks than me on this...thanks! It will definitely help me.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

I guess that's 5 cases of people not being able to make an effective case. And one case, as in the Lexus board you pointed out was user error- "My fault I just pushed too hard trying to enter information into Navagation system." So that is not related to warranty coverage.

Something similar to that (not cold related) that happen to my co-worker (Honda). The display "wore out"/disorted at one point. Got it replaced just fine.

A different friend has his go kaput, and they dealer cried "abuse" (GM). He went to small claims and won easily. The bonus was sending the police over to collect the judgdement. Suddenly everything got taken care of nice and quick.

Small claims court goes up to $5,000K...not 7K, but close. You could do separate claims for the navi and the labor to install.

If you've damaged it through negligence, that is one thing, but if it's through normal use, then it's on them to fix.

Last edited by mikecism; 04-02-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Navigation weirdness - (jogs off the highway and right back on)?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands