NAV - Hacks to unlock the blocked features

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV - Hacks to unlock the blocked features

Hmmmmm....

Yeah, so you interupt the GPS signal and speed signal, then of course you can enter data since the unit thinks the car isn't moving. It's a nice switch, but $300 to interupt two wires is pretty expensive! Actually I still think the speed pulse generator is a more elegent solution. You don't interupt the GPS signal with the SPG, so the Nav still sort of tracks, though is a bit jerky. It also locks pretty much instantly (since it never really loses lock) compared to interupting the GPS signal.

Of course the Lexus has the whole DVD bit our cars don't, so maybe there is more value there, not sure. Guess I don't quite see the point....

Cheers!

Dang

Old 07-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

joe, what about the wire cutting method on clublexus? That is supposed to enable all driving features. I am pretty sure our nav is the same as is250 and es lexus.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey guys i posted this over in another thread. I was on coastal's website and they are showing a pic of a camry with NAV playing a movie! It says all features unblocked, coming soon! Just thought I would pass this along, as there may be hope yet!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

http://www.coastaletech.com/

scroll down about half way and you will see it!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

This coastaltech might be the answer then. Their prius kit enables video in motion and video connection for dvd or ipod it sounds like. The Vais product is ipod only I think. I would prefer a dvd input so Coastal might be the one when they finish it.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:03 PM
Enthusiast

bkushner,
I did do the wire cut method for the speed sensor wire bringing it out to a switch with the SPG. It works great to get the greyed out NAV buttons to work while moving, but does not allow video to play while moving

Yes the VAIS is ipod only, which I use a great deal to listen to books in the car. It also does the video from ipod but only while parking. I will wait to hear about coastaltech from others who try it before I decide to get it. I would liek to understande how it works before deciding.

Joe B

Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Joe B, I know that I have seen it somewhere, but a quick search didn't turn it up.... Would you be able to detail which wire you cut, and where you installed the switch. Thanks! Do you still need the SPG if you cut the wire?

Last edited by jbollt; 08-01-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Enthusiast

jbolt,
The SPG details are at http://www.pinemountainfirearms.com/...peedPulse.aspx
Cutting the speed sensor wire alone only works for 20-30 seconds of car motion, and then the unit realizes there is movement and cuts out (greys out the buttons). The SPG tricks it into thinking it is moving slow enough to keep the buttons active (not greyed out). See the link for more details. It works well, does not require any DVD modifications nor a sequence of secret LCD buttons, just a flip of the switch.
While it works well, it does not allow the video to be active while moving.
Joe B

Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Peltgrande

I just bought a 2009 Camry, (greenhybrid.com needs to add '09 option for entering car!), and have navigation. I got the SLVi2 unit from VaisTech and installed it no problem, but found out I have no video which led me here. (The sound is great!)

I have seen some of the solutions, but it seems to me that right now the only one I would consider is just grounding the PKB, and at least having video when stopped.

The coastaltech solution might be good. I called them today to find out about if the Ultimate Lockpick 3 would work on the TCH. It works for the '08 Prius, and the website says they are working on the TCH, so I am guessing it might not work yet for the TCH. They are supposed to be getting back to me on my question.

Anyone more savvy than me with this stuff: IF we get an unlock solution from coastaltech, will I still be able to have the SLVi2 input as well? Or since my SLVi2 is already attached, will the coastaltech lockpick be able to be plugged in as well?

Anyone else with any new updates on video in motion options?

Old 09-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've read on lexus forums that people are using both. Will you let us know what Coastal says when they reply? I'd love the lockpick.

Quick Reply: NAV - Hacks to unlock the blocked features

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands