NAV for Camry ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV for Camry ?

She keeps a deductible higher than the Garmin's value.....

Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by WMConey
She keeps a deductible higher than the Garmin's value.....
Higher than the Garmin AND smashed window? Comprehensive is cheap.

Old 04-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Enthusiast

Don't know - maybe I misunderstood. Window was $170, Garmin $650.

Regards.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:23 PM
iam4pack

I sent an email to Toyota (toyota_cares@toyota.com) about an upgrade Nav option for non-Nav TCH. Below is their response. Maybe if more owners send emails they will act.

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
We apologize for your concerns related to the design of and lack of availability of a navigation system on your 2007 Camry Hybrid.

Currently, the navigation system for the 2007 Camry Hybrid is only available as a factory-installed option at the time of manufacturing. A dealership-installation kit is currently not available.

We make every effort to manufacture a quality product by researching, testing, and constantly monitoring performance. Consumer opinion and perception also play an active role in our ongoing efforts to lead the automobile industry in quality, innovation, styling, and reliability.

It is through communications such as yours that we become aware of the reactions and expectations of our customers.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200704130270. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience

Old 04-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iam4pack

Currently, the navigation system for the 2007 Camry Hybrid is only available as a factory-installed option at the time of manufacturing. A dealership-installation kit is currently not available.

It would be interesting to know the rational behind some of these decisions.

Why the NAV only available as a factory install in the U.S. ?

Why the NAV available only as a dealer install in Canada?

Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
joe540ci

I feel like I rushed into my camry purchase by not getting nav, so now I want to get a aftermarket nav, but I want a good one the 660 garmin looks good. does anyone know what nav is the best & user frendly.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Malcontent

I was looking for the best and settled on the Nuvi 660. It's not perfect but has the least issues. I'm very pleased with it and wish I'd gotten it much sooner.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
I feel like I rushed into my camry purchase by not getting nav, so now I want to get a aftermarket nav, but I want a good one the 660 garmin looks good. does anyone know what nav is the best & user frendly.
Until the camry, I've used TomTom 300 & 910. I really like them. The 910 had several options that are not neccesary but nice. It has a iPod & mp3 interface.
They also have bluetooth phone integration.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:02 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast

Had 2 garmins for car. First one small Garmin V is now mounted on my motorcycle. Garmin 330 is for the car. Satisfied with it very much. Easy touch screen, voice guided when turns coming up. Voice does not give name of street. But for a price of $300 to 350, (depending on one day special) it does all that I need it to.

Will use it till it croaks and replace it again (same, 330) if available. If not around will get similar garmin unit hopefully for same price and with same features.

Can only speak for my owned garmins. Lots of other makers will go the same.

Luck with GPS selection.

tjq

Old 05-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

I like the Garmin Mobile XT with a PDA. The XT receiver uses Bluetooth to communicate with the PDA and the PDA (Palm or Windows Mobile) can be mounted using various methods. I had mine mounted with a vent attachment mount before I got this car with the NAV system.

The Garmin has many more features and is more apt to find the address and teke you right to it than the Camry Nav system. The only thing the Camry Nav system has is that it is permantly mounted in the car where I had to take the Garmin down whenever I parked the car in a public area.

Quick Reply: NAV for Camry ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands