NAV for Camry ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
joe540ci
Default NAV for Camry ?

I have a camry without nav. My question is can I get it dealer installed or would a aftermarket system make more sence??

Old 04-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV for Camry ?

Right now, there is no dealer-installed OEM upgrade from a non-Nav system up to the NAV system. Your only choice is to go aftermarket install (even if you use the OEM NAV unit, which won't give you the energy monitor)

Old 04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Enthusiast

FWIW, my SO bought a BMW w/o Nav & after seeing my Camry Nav system bought a Garmin 660. Very Impressive! Doesn't refuse to give guidance in the foothills where we live, portable, built in Bluetooth, etc. I actually like the Nav piece better than the Camrys.

Apparently the 300 series is the same without Bluetooth for much less $$.

On the other hand, she left it on the dash while parking overnite in San Francisco and came back to find a smashed window and no Nav. Thank goodness for the AMEX coverage.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Right now, there is no dealer-installed OEM upgrade from a non-Nav system up to the NAV system. Your only choice is to go aftermarket install (even if you use the OEM NAV unit, which won't give you the energy monitor)
If the OP lives in Canada then the only way to get NAV is dealer installed.

However if you decide to do that be warned you will NOT get the energy screen.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JOE540CI
I have a camry without nav. My question is can I get it dealer installed or would a aftermarket system make more sence??
If you decide to go this route you can get one here:

http://www.oemvalue.com/toyota2.htm

I had a dealer install mine. Most US Toyota Dealers won't install a Customer Supplied part. I had to call around until I found a Toyota Dealer that would agree to do it.

I also had to supply them with the installation instructions as they had no clue otherwise. Like someone else said, you will not get the Energy Monitoring Screens.

Although an after market system make more sense, I really like Toyota's Hands free Bluetooth implementation which is why I went with the OEM.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:41 AM
joe540ci

Thanks ,JOE

Old 04-09-2007, 07:18 AM
iam4pack

So, am I correct in saying that if we have a non-nav tch there is no hope of ever getting the energy screen unless Toyota supplies an upgrade option?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iam4pack
So, am I correct in saying that if we have a non-nav tch there is no hope of ever getting the energy screen unless Toyota supplies an upgrade option?
Yes, you are correct.

Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by iam4pack
I would suggest going with the OEM nav system
I've had other nav systems but have grown to really like this Toyota system.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:31 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by WMConey
FWIW, my SO bought a BMW ... and came back to find a smashed window and no Nav. Thank goodness for the AMEX coverage.
Bought a Beemer and no Comprehensive Auto insurance?

Quick Reply: NAV for Camry ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands